Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Gotta take a Dookie
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know quite a few people on here actually have the F&F Type 2 with the dampening adjustment. My purpose of this thread is to see what setting do people prefer or have tweaked and liked the most and to get some good input/feedback so people can share their experience. For the most part this can pertain to the ride comfort, stiffness, control, and also what setting you adjust it for. For eg. track, daily, mountain rd etc.

So what are your settings?

1. To start off, read your clicks from stiff to soft. ex. 1 click is the most stiff and 32 is the least.
2. List what your application for your setting is used for ex. track, daily, spirited driving, etc.
3. State whether its basic Type 2 or HT-spec and if so the version
4. List your wheel specs. Tire and rim size does affect ride comfort and how well it handles. (optional) list your PSI if you know it.
5. Lastly explain how your car drives in certain conditions. On a daily basis compared to track or spirited driving.

My settings are:

Front: 12 both FR and FL
Rear: 17 both RR and RL
Edition: HT-spec V2
Wheel specs: 19x9.5+40 215/35/19
Application: spirited driving/ daily
Conclusion: With these settings the ride is good on mountain roads and in high speed corners. It handles and the feel of it is more planted. Less body roll and it makes you feel confident in taking corners. Being driven daily can get a bumpy. The front does not take bumps or holes to well. You can feel the car bounce around. The rear feels about the same. I would adjust the rears to be a bit softer in my next setup.

·
Gotta take a Dookie
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. Both front is 4 clicks both rear is 17
2. daily/spirited/urban off roading/long distance
3. not HT spec, regular type 2
4. 17 x 8.5 +45, 225/45/17
How do you like your settings? Personally i had my front to max stiff but my body took a beating after some time. im pretty sure its only because of my wheel size and tires.

·
Controlling Destiny
334 Posts
I've been running mine full stiff up front, and halfway on the rears. With factory wheels.

I've never run another setting.

I'm also interested in what others are doing. Is it worth changing?

·
Gotta take a Dookie
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been running mine full stiff up front, and halfway on the rears. With factory wheels.

I've never run another setting.

I'm also interested in what others are doing. Is it worth changing?
I think it depends on the condition. I sometimes take my car for a spirited drive on the mountain roads and changing the settings does make a difference but for daily it think it comes down to preference.

Have you taken your car to a track or possibly on mountain roads?

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Chicago
1,706 Posts
i track this through the messed up streets of chicago everyday! .... i like it a little stiff, but i do find myself jittering over some bumps on quick turns or accelerations... i'm going to go a little less stiff as the streets get fixed up a bit.
i think the rear at half is perfect ... haven't ever tried any other settings but this is what most of my accord F2 buddies have theirs at

1 - 6 of 6 Posts