Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Save the manuals!
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a while ago I got a check engine light - had the code scanned (can't remember now what it was) and it seemed to indicate I might need a new radiator fan switch.

So I found this Mishimoto switch that claims to kick in sooner at lower temp. - great. Problem is the seller indicated it was compatible with my 2006 TSX but the actual packaging does NOT specify for '06 TSX. However I see this other site also says its compatible. Mishimoto® MMSWITCH-CIV-06 - Acura TSX 2006-2012 Fan Switch

I wanted to get it installed ASAP since I've been putting it off and I don't have a garage or lift (and its winter) to do it myself. So I ask the neighborhood mechanic to install it for me at his shop and do a fluid flush while hes at it - and he says it doesn't fit and just does the antifreeze flush.

Does anyone have this part installed on an '06-'08 TSX?

This is what I have:

Thanks!

·
Registered
247 Posts
I looked at the listings for that part, and yes, the part interchangeable between many Hondas, including the Civic and the TSX. However, looking at that picture, the part you are showing is NOT the correct part. The connector is wrong.

Below is the correct part. Look closely at the connector and compare it to the one in your pic.

Looks like the wrong part was stuck in the box.

Also, I wouldn't mess around with "15° cooler than stock". Are you turboed? Do you have cooling issues? If that were the case, then you'd want to pair the sensor with a lower temp thermostat. If not, stick to the stock sensor. Rockauto has 'em for $27 shipped (AIRTEX / WELLS Part # 5S1529). Send the other one back, and get a stock one from Rockauto.

·
Save the manuals!
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gideon, You were right - I picked up a generic part just like that one you posted (only white) from a local parts store and it fit! Installed it the night before my first AutoX - no more CEL! Most importantly - no overheating at the AutoX. Thanks for the info.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
12 Posts
So a while ago I got a check engine light - had the code scanned (can't remember now what it was) and it seemed to indicate I might need a new radiator fan switch.

So I found this Mishimoto switch that claims to kick in sooner at lower temp. - great. Problem is the seller indicated it was compatible with my 2006 TSX but the actual packaging does NOT specify for '06 TSX. However I see this other site also says its compatible. Mishimoto® MMSWITCH-CIV-06 - Acura TSX 2006-2012 Fan Switch

I wanted to get it installed ASAP since I've been putting it off and I don't have a garage or lift (and its winter) to do it myself. So I ask the neighborhood mechanic to install it for me at his shop and do a fluid flush while hes at it - and he says it doesn't fit and just does the antifreeze flush.

Does anyone have this part installed on an '06-'08 TSX?

This is what I have:

Thanks!
Buy the OEM won on at an auto parts store it’s cheap

1 - 5 of 5 Posts