Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went 105mph a few months back on a huge strip upstate that has no cars after dark. :cool:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
I did 113mph on an interstate last Fall.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
105 is about my high also. I would have loved to take it higher, but...... (fill in the blank, anything you think of will be accurate).

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
about 115. Anyone know what 5th tops out at?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
Can't say that I have broken into the triple digits yet.
Joker - who has bounced her off the rev limiter a few times though :D

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
I am planning on heading to Springfield tomorrow, want me to see fast my TSX will go on the highway, and see which 3 figure digits I can reach lol.:D

Will it be record breaking? :donno:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
I've sailed into the triple digits once...heading to the dealership for my first oil change :D

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
TSX Cman said:
ive gotten 220 km/h. radar detector drivin thru the BC mountains.
dont know m/h
136.70166 MPH :D

·
Registered
294 Posts
noel i dont understand what your saying
that the papers tell your tsx redlines in fourth at 200?
that is far from possible.
from personal experience, when i was gassing my car for full speed, redlining every gear, at 5th gear i was going 190km/h at 5900 revs. it would not accelerate any more in 5th, i was confused. so i upshifted to 6th and gained to 220, from there on it was a gain of 1 km/h every 10 seconds or so, so i couldnt get it too high, it was taking too long.
the whole trip was with one heavy foot.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
That wasn't a paper measurement, I do have an Injen CAI as well. Your tyre pressures are also important if you're constantly doing high speeds.

·
Registered
294 Posts
ummm try it again
i can redline in fourth all over the city. and im sure not goin that fast
your 4th gear goes higher than my 5th?
we own the same car?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Modifications do change how speeds are obtained. There are other variables of concern ala - Vehicle weight, road conditions, weather, temperature, engine oil type, spark plugs, fuel, modifications, etc.

It's no longer possible for me to replicate the same results. My speeds have now changed because I've got even more modifications than before. While I've yet to tested the differences. I have no doubt it'll be much quicker than before.

·
Registered
333 Posts
So far I have only had my Euro up to 150 kph, already got a speeding fine this month, not gonna push for another one yet :D I have got her up to 150 k's from 0 a couple of times, damn the Euro accelerates fast when you put the foot down, seriously, going uphill she still accelerated past traffic through the overtaking lane and by the time I hit the top of the hill I was going 150 ! Oh my Euro just passed 4000k's this weekend :)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
I think it was 105-110 MPH. :)

1 - 20 of 126 Posts