Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning, I'm new to this site and would first like to say that the information posted here is fantastic. I have yet to find the topic that talks about the vibtration problem Im having right around the 40 mph mark while in 5th gear. I have seen several posts for the TL but not for the TSX. I have an 05 TSX, automatic, with appx 100k miles on it. The car drives and shifts great however while travelling on a slower stop and go street that averages about 40mph, my car begins to vibrate and feels as though it is in the wrong gear as would a standard vehicle when travelling at low rpms in 5th gear; this happens while I hit speeds of around 40mph. I've read of motor mount issues, and even 3rd and 4th gear shift sensors but again on TL's only. If you all can point me in the right direction or you've experienced this and fixed it, your help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have the exact same problem in my tsx. I have owned the car for about 8 months and put about 8,000 miles on it. The problem has not worsened and I have learned how to avoid it some. I have not found a answer, I thought about replacing the throttle sensor (near the gas pedal) but was hesitant because like you the problem only presents around 40 and when the car is in 5th gear.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thought I would post in this thread just in case someone else had similar issues. I was on the verge of trading the car in but since I already had some of the Honda ATF DW-1 i thought I would go ahead and change it. Needless to say it looked darker than most of my motor oil changes. I don't know how it became this dirty or if different colored fluids where added. I'm going to order more and do a filter change. Since the change the transmission had been much better. I doubt it will cure everything but fingers are crossed.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Here are the pictures of the fluid. I still have vibrations as well. One stone at a time. lol
Here is some of the rag I used to clean off the drain plug.

Here is the oil container. Yeah it was pretty bad.

Again my symptoms have improved. Needless to say I already ordered more fluid and a new filter!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.