Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of throwing a Turbo on my 2008 TSX. Don’t want to bother with running exhaust piping, what’s the general consensus on a fender exit exhaust? Would a fender exit be viable/ discrete enough?

·
Registered
1 Posts
It would be super loud just look up any side exit exhaust on YouTube, definitely not discreet. Also having fender exit means you cant have the windows down much unless you like the smell of exhaust blowing straight in. Run a good exhaust it doesn't have to be all stainless but it'll be better.

·
Registered
47 Posts
A discrete fender dump pipe on a supercharged k24. That'll be the day. Let me tell you what though, I had to run nothing but the manifold for a couple of days due to a car wash accident and that was hell. Id get out of the car and could still feel the vibration in my face and teeth for at least 10 minutes. Couldn't use the radio couldn't talk to anyone, it was embarrassing and obnoxious for myself and my passengers and people will hate riding with you. That's a fast track to getting called "riceboi" by your friends forever

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discrete fender exit. Wow. I've heard it all now. If you're DDing you'll hate it after 1 day.

Cons:
Can't hear the radio
Can't hear other cars
Can't hear passengers talk
Can't hear yourself think
Can't hear your phone
Can't hear emergency vehicle sirens
Can't breathe when sitting in traffic
Can't keep the side of the car clean for more than 1 day
Can't fly under the radar with police
Can't park it outside when it's raining unless you have a cap to put over the opening
Can't pass emissions/inspection - this pry isn't as relevant
Can't get friends to ride with you, especially if they're not car friends
Can't get pussy - trust me girls do NOT like loud Honda shitbox's
Can't go more than 2 days without having to explain why the car is so loud
Can't justify this shitty ricer mod unless you're REALLY laying down some serious power
Can't keep other ricers from asking you 24/7 about your "super sik fender exit"
Can't keep exhaust fumes from pouring into other motorist's cars (this one is actually the worst - I was next to a RSX with a fender exit and his exhaust literally blew right in my drivers window. Needless to say I went windows up/AC, but I shouldn't have to change my behavior due to another motorist's vehicle)

Pros:
Instagram clout?

The whole idea is just a giant no.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discrete fender exit. Wow. I've heard it all now. If you're DDing you'll hate it after 1 day.

Cons:
Can't hear the radio
Can't hear other cars
Can't hear passengers talk
Can't hear yourself think
Can't hear your phone
Can't hear emergency vehicle sirens
Can't breathe when sitting in traffic
Can't keep the side of the car clean for more than 1 day
Can't fly under the radar with police
Can't park it outside when it's raining unless you have a cap to put over the opening
Can't pass emissions/inspection - this pry isn't as relevant
Can't get friends to ride with you, especially if they're not car friends
Can't get pussy - trust me girls do NOT like loud Honda shitbox's
Can't go more than 2 days without having to explain why the car is so loud
Can't justify this shitty ricer mod unless you're REALLY laying down some serious power
Can't keep other ricers from asking you 24/7 about your "super sik fender exit"
Can't keep exhaust fumes from pouring into other motorist's cars (this one is actually the worst - I was next to a RSX with a fender exit and his exhaust literally blew right in my drivers window. Needless to say I went windows up/AC, but I shouldn't have to change my behavior due to another motorist's vehicle)

Pros:
Instagram clout?

The whole idea is just a giant no.
This is the truest shit around. Please don't do this if you cant justify some serious power and even then it would be horrible for anything other than drag runs

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts