Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3 years ago my Acura TSX 2004 started to trigger all the dashboard lights and lose acceleration when the pedal was pressed too firmly.
I swapped out the Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor on the backside of the engine bay. However, this did not fix my problem.

Recently the issue has gotten worse where the symptoms will appear at any given time, even when stopped, and I can't go over 20 mph. I can usually just turn my car off and on like I used to, but that no longer remedies the problem at times and I have to let it sit for a short period of time.

It pulls the following codes:
P2138 APP Sensor A/B voltage correlation
U0107 TAC Module Communication.

My possible fixes are either the Throttle Actuator Control Module and Relay that is found on the passenger side interior, or some wiring may be bad.

I purchased the Throttle Actuator Control Module and thought it would be an easy job. I popped the interior side paneling off and took down the glove box and realized that the space to get this stupid thing off is way too tight. My next step is to remove the heater blower assembly that takes up the majority of the space behind the glovebox to give me more room, but I actually have no idea how to get the assembly off.

Any hints tips or suggestions on what could possibly be going wrong or how to get the heater blower assembly off so that I have the space to switch out the TAC?

Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
414 Posts
I can’t help with a lot of specific things at the moment but I would suggest starting with checking wiring harness grounds, connectors, and the shape of wiring harnesses in general. For it to be a gradual deterioration, that suggests to me it could be more of a corroding ground, chafing in wiring, or corroding connector within that system versus a module dying.

If the TAC is under the dash on the RH side, odds are, it’s ground will be nearby. That would be a good place to start.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can’t help with a lot of specific things at the moment but I would suggest starting with checking wiring harness grounds, connectors, and the shape of wiring harnesses in general. For it to be a gradual deterioration, that suggests to me it could be more of a corroding ground, chafing in wiring, or corroding connector within that system versus a module dying.

If the TAC is under the dash on the RH side, odds are, it’s ground will be nearby. That would be a good place to start.
Thanks CG. I am going to take it into the shop today and let them know. I'll keep you updated.

Trav

1 - 3 of 3 Posts