1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
25000kilos...

46 canadian dollars for 4.4L Modil 1 Synthetic and a Fram Filter

10 dollars for the labour

Was wondering between Castrol, Mobil1 and AMSOIL....

Happy-ing

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
>> 10 dollars for the labour

CND$10 for labor ? that's all ???

at dealer ?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SAZABI said:
46 bucks for Mobil??? just get Motul...
33.99 Bucks for just the oil,
6.19 for filter
5.xx for the damm tax (worse than a world rally road in Toronto)

I don't know where I can get Motul in Toronto, Canada

·
Registered
109 Posts
i heard that Fram filter has really bad reputation. i dont know if it's true but i did a search long time ago and seems that no one recommends Fram.

what i do is get my own oil to the dealer and have the OEM filter.

anyone has any better suggestion?

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,350 Posts
BBgun said:
33.99 Bucks for just the oil,
6.19 for filter
5.xx for the damm tax (worse than a world rally road in Toronto)

I don't know where I can get Motul in Toronto, Canada
it is around $40 to buy motul oil here.
filter is $8.XX

mobil here is 28.XX for 4.4L ;)

order from internet???

·
oh so so fresh
118 Posts
is there supposed to be some power gains or increased gas mileage if you change to synthetic. ideally, how long should one wait to change to synthetic oil. I have about 4,000 miles on my tsx, i plan on changing to synthetic, but when should i do it?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
i use Motul too .. ~ it's great and i denfintiely feel the imporvement on performance .. but it seems motul cannot last long .. ~ im not sure if it's just my driving but it tends to break down around 5k~ 6k km~ but b4 this period .. ~ it's super .. ~
i just use the oem Honda blue cap oil filter .. ~ it's good enough to handle most of the situations .. ~
but bisically i changed my oil from stock to motul around 16000km .. ~ and i feel the engine rev faster and idle acutally sounds alot quiter .. ~ MOtul 8100 is the wya .. :D

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
FASTSX said:
is there supposed to be some power gains or increased gas mileage if you change to synthetic. ideally, how long should one wait to change to synthetic oil. I have about 4,000 miles on my tsx, i plan on changing to synthetic, but when should i do it?

with in the next 500 miles or so should be good, personally I did it even earlier, but there's really no need...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just came back from a trip from Toronto-->Ottawa--->Montreal--->Toronto.

Before I went to the trip, I found that the Fram Filter doesn't fit well and it leaks!!!

I went to Mr.Lube and they cleaned my car's underbody, changed a filter for me for 10 bucks. Though I don't know what's the filter's brand name. It starts with a K........

So, I filled up a full tank of Esso 91 and putted a bottle of STP. I got 7.7L/100KM mostly on Highway from Toronto--->Ottawa--->Montreal...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The only reason I bought a Fram, is that I heard OEM filter doesn't have drain back valve......

Before on my little Honda Civic, the filter they use even have drain back valve...

i don't know why...

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
The OEM Filter is a Fram Filter, Frams not the greatest, Ive used em twice now, but still other filters are better...

·
Registered
109 Posts
MemphisRheins said:
The OEM Filter is a Fram Filter, Frams not the greatest, Ive used em twice now, but still other filters are better...
0_o
i thought it was Filtech...maybe some other dealerships use Fram?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Talking on filters, I dont know if you guys know about K&N Filters. I suspect all of you do but anyway, they are fairly highly rated. Personally, I dont have it yet but plan to get it soon. An office colleague has it in his '04 Ford Focus since almost a year and has never had a complaint about it. Check the link out if interested.

http://www.knfilters.com

·
, Moderator Emeritus
4,232 Posts
BlackBeauty said:
Talking on filters, I dont know if you guys know about K&N Filters. I suspect all of you do but anyway, they are fairly highly rated. Personally, I dont have it yet but plan to get it soon. An office colleague has it in his '04 Ford Focus since almost a year and has never had a complaint about it. Check the link out if interested.

http://www.knfilters.com
Are you talking baout K&N's oil filter or air filter?

If your talking about the oil filter, how can you tell it's good?

If it's the air filter, K&N or K&N style filters are not good for all cars. Thier pretty unreliable on Hot Film style MAS sensors some cars have i.e. Newer Golf's, Porsche's and Merc's. Why? Because the way the hot film MAS works is that it has a hot metal film that senses the amount of air passing through the intake by how many degrees it lowers the temp of the hot film. Over oiled K&N (even out of the box) can leave oil deposits on the hot film rendering the MAS's ability to calculate air flow. Replacing a hot film MAS is an arm and a leg. $300-$400 each for a Merc. I had to get a new one a week after i put in a K&N flat filter.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,350 Posts
Andynolife said:
i use Motul too .. ~ it's great and i denfintiely feel the imporvement on performance .. but it seems motul cannot last long .. ~ im not sure if it's just my driving but it tends to break down around 5k~ 6k km~ but b4 this period .. ~ it's super .. ~
i just use the oem Honda blue cap oil filter .. ~ it's good enough to handle most of the situations .. ~
but bisically i changed my oil from stock to motul around 16000km .. ~ and i feel the engine rev faster and idle acutally sounds alot quiter .. ~ MOtul 8100 is the wya .. :D
:nod: Motul 8100 owns!

other synthetic I tried, they die at like 3000km... so I am happy with motul b/c i do change every 5k :rollsmile

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,878 Posts
I am going to be switching to synthetic the next time i go to the dealer. I am going to be using valvaline synpower synthetic oil because I am sponsored by them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts