Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you might recall from my other thread, I recently moved to a new place for a new job. I packed up what few possessions I had and went, minus a car. Well, I rented a new Pontiac G6 for two weeks and it was good, but then downgraded to a Cavalier.

I guess that sent me over the edge. I was considering some different options for a car, mainly used vehicles, but nothing really caught my attention for something that could balance reliability, quality and value at the TSX's price point. I even looked at some Certified Used TSXs, but decided against them when I found out they were demonstrators and loaners and weren't that much cheaper than a new one.

So last night I walked into a dealership, and today picked up a new CG 5AT w/Navi. After years of looking at the TSX, lurking on the first site since it was started and following all the drama, and then migrating with everyone over to the other site, and finally making my way over here, I've finally taken the plunge and couldn't be happier! The car is everything I thought and knew it would be, except for the color. CG is amazing in person - I was looking at SSM at first, but the one I looked at had a paint blemish, and the rest is history.

So now, I'm looking to ditch the Cavalier, start spending some nice driving time with the TSX exploring my new surroundings, and looking forward to finally being able to post as an actual TSX owner and enjoy learning more about the car! Thanks to the admins and mods for making this a great site! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
97 Posts
congrats....

·
Registered
256 Posts
looks like we got another. Congrats

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Heheh, Did not realize you didn't have a TSX yet... Congrats, now u can see what we've all been talking about for so long lol, CONGRATS, enjoy her!

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
Congratulations Lokman ! new job, new home, new location, new car ! that is refreshing heheh.
Now you had TSX in Calgary(?), right ?
So bring it over was too much hassle or what ?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
Congrats! :woot:

robert_tsxgeek, I too thought he had a TSX before, but he had a TL if I recall.

·
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone!

I've been lusting after the TSX ever since it came out, but to answer Robert's question, I never had one in Calgary. I did have a second-gen TL for a while (see it in this thread: http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6630), but sold it about a year ago - I thought I'd be moving away for a while, but it didn't turn out, and I wound up borrowing a vehicle from my parents for several months.

Spent today figuring out the navi, what a beaut. I just have to find a screen to protect it.

·
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
-phase- said:
congrats lokman! any plans on mods?
Not likely too soon... moving down here and getting the car has drained my bank account for a little while. I was thinking a sway bar would be good though, and just for fun, the lighted door sills.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts