Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had to replace the clutch master and slave cylinder and my clutch. So I bought an exedy stage 1 clutch and flywheel. Idk if its cause I was driving the car for awhile with bad clutch cylinders but my the pedal pressure feels really light now. I dont remember how stock felt but I was thinking this clutch would have a little more pedal pressure. Also flushed the tranny fluid and with gm syncromesh with friction modifiers and it feels like new again this stuff is amazing! Also why did honda make our cars tranny such a pain in the ass to access? I got lucky though cause my mechanic never done a clutch job on a tsx and thought it would be like a civic and charged me civic pricing for the job. He found out the hard way that its no civic like clutch job lol.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought all my parts from some vendors and dealerships popular here on the forums. But for my clutch kit, flywheel, crank pulley, serpentine belt, clutch master and slave cylinder, and tranny fluid flush I paid 800 for the labor to install it. I feel lucky since I talked to 6 mechanics and 2 stealerships in town and the lowest quote I got was 1000 for just cylinders, clutch, and flywheel installed.

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
So I had to replace the clutch master and slave cylinder and my clutch. So I bought an exedy stage 1 clutch and flywheel. Idk if its cause I was driving the car for awhile with bad clutch cylinders but my the pedal pressure feels really light now. I dont remember how stock felt but I was thinking this clutch would have a little more pedal pressure. Also flushed the tranny fluid and with gm syncromesh with friction modifiers and it feels like new again this stuff is amazing! Also why did honda make our cars tranny such a pain in the ass to access? I got lucky though cause my mechanic never done a clutch job on a tsx and thought it would be like a civic and charged me civic pricing for the job. He found out the hard way that its no civic like clutch job lol.
100% normal, your new parts are more efficient and pushing the fluid ;)

·
Registered
977 Posts
I thought you would've had some stiffness with the stage1 clutch.. When I switched to stage2 it was really really stiff compared to stock..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.