Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's been raining on and off here for the last three weeks. More on then off :( but I've finally got two days in a row that it wasn't raining so I could get started. ( I say started because I haven't waxed it yet)

Saturday I started out with a dawn wash to remove anything on the car then gave it a nice claying. Washed again to remove the clay residue then onto the Klasse All In One(aio). aio is a cleaner polish and protector. Gets the paint ready for the sealant. Once that was on then removed it was on to the High gloss sealant. I put one coat on Saturday then waited a day to put on the second coat today. Washed it again then on went the second coat.

Once I get another nice weekend I'll be able to add two more coats THEN I can put on the wax.

enough talk onto the pics

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
for those that don't quite understand clay it removes containments in the paint and also gets off dirt that normal washing doesn't. Since the car had been in the rain for the last three weeks it was filthy. When I washed it the mitt was extremely dirty before I rinsed it between body panels (two bucket method). Even after that this is the dirt the clay bar pulled off. This is only doing the doors on the passenger side :shock:

Attachments

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now onto the aio. Cleans even more and helps to polish the car and get it ready for the next step.

Heres the pad after doing the car. Unlike the clay picture which was after only two doors I did the whole car with this pad so it shows how much the clay removes.
The one on the left is new and unused

Attachments

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
then onto the sealant. Two layers done and I havent even waxed it yet.

Once I've to four layers on I'll move onto the wax.

Attachments

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[No message]

Attachments

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
Thanks Tony, I think I can skip dinner tonight?

Sort of looks like the same substance they used in some B-grade horror movies, kinda like "slime." :laugh:

FYI on the clay, if it become that clogged and feels "gritty" try to keep "kneading" it so the particles don't keep coming into direct contact with the finish.

If kneading doesn't work or if you manage to finish the car and it still looks loaded up, dump the clay and replace it. You won't do yourself any good using a dirty bar like that.

Also, try to use cotton applicator instead of sponges. The sponges can cause swirl marks. Otherwise car looks awesome! (even if you didn't use Zaino) :rolleyes:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would've taken more pictures but the battery started to die on the camer so I couldn't.

Here's the rest.
imagestation album

Attachments

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh yeah I was kneading it plenty I just took that pic to show what it can remove from the car for people that have never used it.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Nice and shiney!! This weekend would've been perfect to detail my car too...but I got sick :(
Nice pics :thumbsup:

·
TSX and Camaro SS Owner
282 Posts
Thats what I use on my car every 2-3 weeks .... its some amazing stuff!!!! Actually I did my car today woo hoo!!!!

Attachments

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nice. What wax do you usually top it off with if any?

·
TSX and Camaro SS Owner
282 Posts
tony4311 said:
nice. What wax do you usually top it off with if any?

I use either Maguires Deep Crystal (Gold Glass) or The new turtle wax platinum

1 - 14 of 14 Posts