Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Typing with G4 Powerbook
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been telling myself that if I stumbled in to a carbon grey 6-speed, that I would actually go talk to a salesperson. Long story short, my 2000 Accord EX/V6 is now on the used car lot and this is in my garage. (Man, I missed shifting gears!)

Attachments

·
Overworked Microsoft Peon
13,780 Posts
Congrats!

And CG is an awesome colour! :D

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,199 Posts
Yeah, i love CG....thats my color as well.

·
Typing with G4 Powerbook
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all. How long before the engine breaks in? I'm dyin to peg the tach at 7K in 3rd gear!

·
Overworked Microsoft Peon
13,780 Posts
skywaydriver said:
Thank you all. How long before the engine breaks in? I'm dyin to peg the tach at 7K in 3rd gear!
600 miles to 1,000 miles, depending on who you ask.

I babied the car until 1,000, some started red-lining after 600.

·
oh so so fresh
118 Posts
Right when my tripometer hit 600 miles, the gas pedal well..... was f'n floored to the damn floor. It hasn't broke down yet so i guess it was fine. It's a honda engine, its under warranty, and its reliabilty is up there so you don't need to worry about.

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Vancouver
9,175 Posts
I am still breaking in...........hahaha......it's a pain!!!

OMG..... I am looking for one too......I have a CG 5AT..... but I kind of wanted to trade in for a 6MT......Glad to have another CG on the forum man..!!!

·
Typing with G4 Powerbook
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Had to drive to work in the rain this morning. Not happy. I'm such a wuss! But out of the 9 V8 Mustangs and 4 Honda's I've owned, this is my first brand new car.

It's just a car...It's just a car...It's just a car...It's just a car...It's just a car...It's just a car...It's just a car...It's just a car...It's just a car...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey sky, LOVE that TSX. That color is awesome...and it's a 6spd. So cool. I traded my 98 Cobra w/ 47k miles for my TSX 6spd and I also love my new TSX. Am I correct that your pic is of a Bullitt Mustang tearin' up the triple digits? :ben:

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
congratulations skywaydriver on the new TSX
welcome to the club :wavey:

·
Typing with G4 Powerbook
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I believe that picture came from an '03 MACH 1. Probably better that I didn't get another Mustang. I got a ticket last year for going 105 in a 65 in the Accord. Can't imagine what would happen with the new 300hp GT.

I'm very happy I chose the TSX. Got the splash guards installed Friday and the M3 type lip spoiler is in the mail. Window tint is scheduled for sometime next week.

·
Registered
17 Posts
sweet. post some pics when you get the M3 lip installed. someone else on here has that type of lip and it looks great...suttle and sneaky....that's why it looks good. welcome to the club. you'll have many many miles of fun in your TSX! :grinno:

·
Typing with G4 Powerbook
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got the windows tinted, the splash guards are on and the spoiler is at the bodyshop. If the rain ever quits, I'll get some new pix and post em.

BTW...anyone know the percentages of auto trannys vs. 6-speeds that have been produced?

·
Typing with G4 Powerbook
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Some lip spioler pix

Here it is 1500 miles later, here it is. With new tint, splash guards and the lip spoiler. The more I drive the car, the more I know I bought the right one. If I'd have bought the 05 Mustang, I would be paying $2.30 a gallon for a 15mpg car instead of $2.45 a gallon for a 27mpg car.

Here are the new pix.
:D

Attachments

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
skywaydriver said:
I believe that picture came from an '03 MACH 1. Probably better that I didn't get another Mustang. I got a ticket last year for going 105 in a 65 in the Accord. Can't imagine what would happen with the new 300hp GT.

I'm very happy I chose the TSX. Got the splash guards installed Friday and the M3 type lip spoiler is in the mail. Window tint is scheduled for sometime next week.

Wasnt sure if that was a Mach or a Bullitt, but the Aluminum didnt look very bullitt like

Congrats on the buy... Beautiful Car, Enjoy it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts