Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone else get the Finishing Touch deal from the dealer?
They threw it in at the the time of purchase, and I just had it done last week.
Question for those who have had it done as well. The sealant that they used on the leather has left it very slippery, and shinny. When I drive, it feels like I am sitting on a slip and slide. It has been 4 days now, and it has not gotten any better.
Does this stuff eventually get absorbed by the leather, evaporate, or go away? :confused:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
probably amor all

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tony4311 said:
probably amor all
Nah, it's Armor All X's 10!
They said this stuff costs $700 per gallon. I just want it off my car!

·
The Voice of Reason
1,481 Posts
I paid $100 for the paperwork on my car. That was enough of a "finishing touch" for me. Any more and I would have started to scream "rape"!

This is very interesting because much of the TSX's seating surface is not real, bio-leather but rather is Honda's "pleather", a high-quality synthetic material. The bio-leather is limited to the perforated material on the seat bottom and back.

From a thread on the BMW M5 board I just learned that bio-leather on most contemporary cars is no longer processed the same way it was back in the 1950s, so putting stuff on it like Lexoil dissicates the leather protectants and actually accelerates leather wear, or so they claim. The M5 "solution" is special BMW-branded leather care product. I'd guess that there is also a similar Honda-branded leather care product but that's just a guess.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bob shiftright said:
I paid $100 for the paperwork on my car. That was enough of a "finishing touch" for me.
I couldn't agree with you more, and the only reason I got it, is because they threw it into the deal.
I just want the slime gone.. So nobody else has had this process done?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
I've never heard of it before... so didn't get it here.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TSX 'R' US said:
I've never heard of it before... so didn't get it here.
Well the process they do on the paint, I like very much. In Acura's own words, the paint sealer makes the car feel like a polished rock. Which it does, and water just beads off..
So that part I like.. They also claim that you do not have to wax the car for 5 years.. We'll see..

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Joker said:
Well the process they do on the paint, I like very much. In Acura's own words, the paint sealer makes the car feel like a polished rock. Which it does, and water just beads off..
So that part I like.. They also claim that you do not have to wax the car for 5 years.. We'll see..
I see...said the blind man... Dealer never mentioned anything about it...then again, I got to the dealership to pick up my car 10 minutes before they closed :D
Didn't offer me the extended warantee either.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
Joker said:
Give me your car for a weekend and I can do the same thing. For $40. The 5 years part is total bs.

I haven't had a chance to shine up the tsx but here's my integra. The paint was as smooth as melted butter by the time I was done.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I'm with you on the BS part... And just want the slip and slide gone!!! :)
Joker - who will take matters into his own hands tomorrow

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
yeah it's tough. I did that once and wasn't able to get it off. I just had to wait for it to wear off. It wore off pretty quickly though since its a high use part.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Only problem with this stuff is that with water, it fades. So you get light, and dark patches.
I have found that dabbing a dry towel, seems to make it somewhat go away...
I guess I have my work cut out for me :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts