Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Little bit of a Story/Delma

two techs from my Infiniti dealership did the work not me and it cash on the dash so no the dealership wont pay for it.

Installing Ingalls camber kit today, Links are seized in the rubber and after 3 hours of trying to get them off they started to "cut them" with a torch, not a very uncommon task at a dealership. but the gas tank touches the metal bracket that is getting red hot. well the heat weakened the tank and the air hammer they used to punch the bolt out hit it and put a "pin hole" in the tank.

Now they were getting frustrated with the hole situation and took a break. I was running on empty and from what i understand what was in my tank leaked on to the floor, but they didn't notice because the floor was still wet from the tech cleaning his bay. They lit the torch and when sparks hit the floor a good size fire started (bigger then the car they said). They grabbed the extinguisher and put it out right away they is only soot on my car no damage thank good. and they stopped there for the night

I haven't talk to them much about it yet since they want to give me my space and not kill them.

1) Has any one ever had this much of a problem getting the links out and have to use a torch.

2) Any one know what my options are BESIDES replacing the
http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/images/smilies/1/thread.gif tank.

Oh and one last thing plastic, fire, and gas don't bloody mix well. things could have been worse

Thanks

·
iVTEC no koe
1,913 Posts
We had to torch my links to install the Ingalls kit, but whenever we fire near gas tank, we use spare exhaust heatshield parts to cover the tank. I live in Toronto, so there's plenty of snow/salt to rape those links.

Hopefully there some tried an true way to patch up the tank. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had to remove seized bolts when I installed my camber kit as well.

The correct way to remove the seized bolts from the camber arms is to use a reciprocating saw to chop off the seized bolts. This method would of took them less than 5mins, and of course you would need new bolts but most Acura dealership have them in stock.

Reciprocating saw:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts