Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Alliance!
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Running it on OSX Lion GM. The new Java technology is impressive. I have a mediocre internet connection and all pages, pictures and even media, loads faster. The new navagation/tabs bar mimics chrome but seems to run smoother. Anyone else using it? Trying it? Comments? Going to switch over to windows soon and try it there.

·
, Moderator, Performance
2,513 Posts
Running it on OSX Lion GM. The new Java technology is impressive. I have a mediocre internet connection and all pages, pictures and even media, loads faster. The new navagation/tabs bar mimics chrome but seems to run smoother. Anyone else using it? Trying it? Comments? Going to switch over to windows soon and try it there.
unfortunately i cant use beta browsers:/ i really dont like FF to begin with but with everyone trying to reverse engineer chrome it may turn out pretty good. when it gets its FR ill let you know what i think:)

·
Alliance!
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cant use betas? Why not? Im not a chrome person, never liked the layout as much. Runs great though.

·
, Moderator, Performance
2,513 Posts
Cant use betas? Why not? Im not a chrome person, never liked the layout as much. Runs great though.
technically i could....but bc im a web developer i cant use betas because they may not render correctly and throw me off. granted many other browers that are in there like 8th version still dont render correctly...(IE)....i stay away from beta browserss just to be safe and to make my mistakes less:/

·
Alliance!
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How's lion? Probably grab it for the TRIM support
It's becoming much more stable. The backwards scrolling like the iPhone takes some time getting used too but I like it. the new time machine is nice to use. It'll be worth the upgrade if apple keeps it around $30, other than that, visually and performance wise, it's no different.

technically i could....but bc im a web developer i cant use betas because they may not render correctly and throw me off. granted many other browers that are in there like 8th version still dont render correctly...(IE)....i stay away from beta browserss just to be safe and to make my mistakes less:/
Firefox 4 should be releasing later this month. I haven't found any real bugs yet other than a few compatibility issues. As far as web dev., I couldn't tell you how it's going to respond other than the facts it looks amazing in 1080p.

·
, Moderator, Performance
2,513 Posts
It's becoming much more stable. The backwards scrolling like the iPhone takes some time getting used too but I like it. the new time machine is nice to use. It'll be worth the upgrade if apple keeps it around $30, other than that, visually and performance wise, it's no different.

Firefox 4 should be releasing later this month. I haven't found any real bugs yet other than a few compatibility issues. As far as web dev., I couldn't tell you how it's going to respond other than the facts it looks amazing in 1080p.
thats the issue, bugs are programming issues within the software whille compatibility issues are what i cant have, they cause me to not be able to code correctly bc it may appear wrong but if in reality im coding it right.

·
, Moderator, Performance
2,513 Posts
What language do you write in?
web dev: html, css, jqurey, java script, and im learning flash now:)

Unix/Linux: sh, and bounce shells. php scripts. i can probably say im almost an "advance" linux admin

Networking: CCNA 1 and 2 Certified and although its not networking im also A+ cert.

·
Alliance!
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow nice. Im just learning the basics of Linux, started with ubuntu but, making the switch to gentoo or red hat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts