Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I originally posted over at a-tsx.com about how a TAXI hit me (low speed) and fled the scene. I took delivery of my car on 2/15/05 and this accident occured back on 3/23/05 and i'm supposed to get the car back from the body shop tomorrow or thursday. The repairs were estimated at $2,194.83 (after tax)but I have a $750 deductible =( so the insurance is paying out about $1444.

Below are the pics of the accident. I needed a new passenger door shell (oem), minor repair to the rear right door, and they had to repair the slight dent shown in the pic below. I'm not sure what part of the car that is. Anyway, does it look that bad? Is this considered a serious accident? I'm paranoid that my car will never be the same or they will be some hidden problems down the road. Or am I just going through a post accident depression since this is my first.. lol. Do you guys have any suggestions of what I should do once I get the car back from the body shop. Should I have the alignment checked? thanks.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol.. Trust me. I was so damn pissed. I literally chased him down like the flash for two blocks but then he ran a red light. I managed to get the guy's license plate. He was driving with a suspended license.

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
ouch sorry about your situation.
nah...dont sweat it amigo...that's just like your ordinary everyday parking lot bang
lol just look at the bill
The repairs were estimated at $2,194.83 (after tax)but I have a $750 deductible =( so the insurance is paying out about $1444.
Just dents, no biggie really. Can not be any frame damage for that.
Sure get a alignment and see if the accident caused any misalignment. I doubt it did.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
sorry, that happened to your TSX. Don't you just hate hit and run drivers.:mad:

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Vancouver
9,175 Posts
My first accident was worst.....LOL.....but it costed less~

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
It looks ok...don't seem to show any frame damage...mostly just body work. Since you are getting OEM parts and its early in your new car cycle, the paint should blend in just fine.

·
Corrotto
87 Posts
I work in a mall and I pick up my new TSX Friday at 12. I dreading the dings that i'm gonna get on it :(

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
justinjsw said:
It looks ok...don't seem to show any frame damage...mostly just body work. Since you are getting OEM parts and its early in your new car cycle, the paint should blend in just fine.
I'm sorry for being ignorant but how can one tell if there is any frame damage to the vehicle. I read a lot of talk about frames being bent and stuff like that. If there was frame damage, the car would look crooked? Thanks.

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
how can one tell if there is any frame damage to the vehicle.
Easiest way: the repair bill.
No way a repair bill as low as yours would address the level of damage that would have caused any frame bent.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
robert_tsxgeek said:
Easiest way: the repair bill.
No way a repair bill as low as yours would address the level of damage that would have caused any frame bent.
True.. but the disconcerting part is that I'm afraid the body shop just figured it was pretty much all cosmetic damage and did the repairs based solely on the estimate of my claims adjuster.... Because I had asked one of the techs if they put the car on a lift to determine if there is any underbody damage, and he said they didn't bother doing so due to the fact that the accident was so high up that they don't believe there is anymore damage than what they see.

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
well then just go back to the adjuster and demand a more indepth check.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Hispanic208 said:
I'm sorry for being ignorant but how can one tell if there is any frame damage to the vehicle. I read a lot of talk about frames being bent and stuff like that. If there was frame damage, the car would look crooked? Thanks.
Well a couple ways...judging by the damage it does not look like a direct(T-bone) impact to your b-pillar. Your doors are still closing flush...which means no bend to B-pillar frame. With that said the only way to be 100% sure is to remove the panels to check behind. But taking a best guess by your pics I would say there shouldn't be any frame damage to your car. Im in the automotive business and have been for over 7 yrs so Im basically going by instinct.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts