Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm ... aggrevated.

I drive a 2004 Acura TSX automatic in satin silver metallic. It is gorgeous, and I've gone to great lengths to keep it in perfect condition as it is my first brand new car.

While visiting my grandparents, my grandfather, in his 1987 Chevy Silverado 1500, backed into my TSX with his tailgate down. The corner of the tailgate acted like a spear and pressed hard into -- get this -- the trunk of the car. The truck is so big that it missed the bumper. Well, almost missed the bumper. As he pulled forward, his tailgate scraped across the top of my bumper. To make matters worse, from the impact, the trunk buckled at the top, so if I drive it and it rains, it will rain into the trunk.

I am livid. The damage is actually very small, but a "conservative estimate" has been $3,000.

The car is 3 months, 9 days old.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
I am very sorry to hear about your car :(
I am the same way with my car's, and know the feeling. When my TSX was less than a month old, a lady rear ended me in the drive through at In N' Out :mad:
Best of luck, and please let us know how it turns out.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Yes, welcome Iron Chef!
BTW did you consider "Chef of the Future"? :D

(Anybody but me know that phrase??)

Sorry to hear about it, acuradude. I guess one of the tough things is that even though you're livid, you probably can't show it too much to the one who did it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update from the Body Shop

Well, the body shop guys (I went three places) told me that they can't just paint the new trunk and be done with it. They have to paint like... half the car in order to get it to blend right.

That's the latest. I'll keep you updated! :)

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Doesn't your grandfather have insurance to cover your damages?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
Damn...sad story! :shock:

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
I hope the old man is doing OK

·
Registered
15 Posts
Chef of the Future

Sorry bout the damage but look at it this way; add that $3,000 to the price of te car ($26,500?) and you get $29,500. Still a bargin IMHO.
Plus, your grandfather might be *priceless* to you.
Larchmont; can it "core a apple?"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts