Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I knew it would happen one day however I was surprised that only 4 months after we bought it, we would already have something happen to our Euro! We parked across from the local shopping centre in a counsel owned car park thinking that we would be better off there rather than parking in a crowded shopping centre car park! My fiance and I returned to the car after we finished shopping to find someone had left a note under our window wiper. The note wasn't from the person who hit our car however, it was from a guy who witnessed a woman in a early model Nissan back into our car! She had a bike rack on the back of her car she had somehow managed to back far enough backwards that the bike rack bar scraped the top of our spoiler leaving a nice scrape which went all the way down to the undercoat! I am thankfull that this nice guy actually bothered to write a note with his contact details on it, we called him and he told us the woman knew she hit us because she stopped, hopped out of her piece of junk of a car, and then hopped back in, drove over the gutter and sped off !

Thankfully the witness guy wrote down the registration number of her car so we contacted the police, they told us that they would pay her a visit tomorrow! I absolutely can't believe that someone would just drive off like that, and if it wasn't for the witness I would never have known who caused the damage! The scrapes will need to be buffed out if possible I guess, and there is going to have to be some repainting, I don't even know if she is insured, but one way or another she is going to pay for it!

My Euro just doesn't feel the same :(

Here are some pics.

I mean wtf does she think she was doing? Is it SO hard to look where you are reversing? :banghead:

Does anyone know if they will have to repaint the whole spoiler or whether they will just repaint the affected area?

Attachments

·
The Bay State
931 Posts
Aww that sucks! So sorry to hear that happened. I would be pissed. Let's face it, there are stupid people out there. Man that sucks. I hope you find her and her insurance covers it.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
APOGEE said:
Aww that sucks! So sorry to hear that happened. I would be pissed. Let's face it, there are stupid people out there. Man that sucks. I hope you find her and her insurance covers it.
Yeah thanks dude, there ARE some stupid people out there, if it was me I would have hung around but I guess some people just freak out and figure they can get away with it !

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
sorry to hear that happened We have that happen here in NY all the time, people could careless about anyone else they would hit a parked car and make it seem like its just a ding no big deal :(

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
ouch!! so sorry... :(

I wish people around here are that nice to jot down and inform you of something like that... I hope they catch her @$$....

Probably best to repaint the whole spoiler...you're kinda lucky too it's just on the spoiler (plastic) and not on the trunk (metal).

Hope all works out for ya!!

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
Very sorry to hear about what happened :(
I can't believe that people can do such things, and take off like that :mad: This is very common here as well, and I just do not understand why people do not respect other peoples property :thumbsdow
On the other hand, there are some good people, such as the one who put the note on your car. :thumbsup:
I do hope that the police will come down hard on her for leaving like that, knowing what she had done.
Best of luck :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Joker said:
Very sorry to hear about what happened :(
I can't believe that people can do such things, and take off like that :mad: This is very common here as well, and I just do not understand why people do not respect other peoples property :thumbsdow
On the other hand, there are some good people, such as the one who put the note on your car. :thumbsup:
I do hope that the police will come down hard on her for leaving like that, knowing what she had done.
Best of luck :thumbsup:
Joker, no one respects anything anymore in our sick, consumption-driven society. It's sad, but it's the truth. There are no more values.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
Sorry to hear what happened to your Euro.:(

I don't understand what ppl think when they scratch or hit someone's car, they tend to want to drive away from the scene. I don't understand why ppl don't respect other's property.

My pride and joy 1992 Accord EX was totalled because of a hit and run driver. A lady clipped my car and sent me out of control and my car ended up flipping twice. She just drove away! :mad:

People these days just don't seem to care, always in a hurry or something. My accident last June can be read here.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys, I have an update, the police called back, apparently she wasn't home when they sent a unit to visit her but they left their details and asked her to call back immediately. The constable I spoke to only works on Sundays and Tuesdays, so I have to call him back tomorrow and find out what the status is. If she co-operates and is going to pay for the damages then I won't take things further, although I should have her charged which the police officer said I am well within my rights to do.

What do you guys think, should I have her charged with a hit and run offense?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TSX 'R' US said:
ouch!! so sorry... :(

I wish people around here are that nice to jot down and inform you of something like that... I hope they catch her @$$....

Probably best to repaint the whole spoiler...you're kinda lucky too it's just on the spoiler (plastic) and not on the trunk (metal).

Hope all works out for ya!!
Yeah you are right, it COULD have been worse, my Insurance company should cover it if she isn't willing to pay as I don't think there is much point going to court if she doesn't agree to paying it, not over a repair that may only cost a couple of hundred dollars to fix. However I will have her charged, as she is the one who left the accident scene.

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
ouch sorry to see that :( hope you get it fixed soon & get compensated.

I never park in the way of a car's rear unless the distance in between is REALLY wide.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Hit & Run

I'm glad someone saw it and decided to do the right thing. Stuff like that ceases to exists when people have no real morals and ethics. I say take it all the way, that'll teach em a lesson on addressing their basic driving rights.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Thorn2004 said:
Yeah you are right, it COULD have been worse, my Insurance company should cover it if she isn't willing to pay as I don't think there is much point going to court if she doesn't agree to paying it, not over a repair that may only cost a couple of hundred dollars to fix. However I will have her charged, as she is the one who left the accident scene.
Yeah!!! Charge her with hit & run... see if she'll ever do that again... :woot:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
man that blows, keep us updated

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
tony4311 said:
man that blows, keep us updated
Well I am gonna call the police constable back today, he is the one who we spoke to first and apparently the only one who knows what is going on! I will let you guys know what he says, but I want her charged out of principal, people have gotta learn that they just can't leave after hitting someone!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Update!

Just went down to the police station to fill out a report, they are going to charge her with a hit and run offense, she is likely to recieve a hefty fine! Maybe that will make her wake up to herself? Anyway the police officer gave my fiance and I her details including her mobile number, the rest of the details I needed for insurance purposes, she was driving a Silver 1984 Subaru. The officer inspected the damage and we told him that we had already contacted the Insurance company who are going to send out an assesor next fortnight.

So basically it stands like this, our Insurance company will chase her for the price of the repair, so she will be up for the cost of the spoiler being repainted, plus she will also have to pay the fine from the Police Department for leaving the scene. So the moral of the story is, if she actually hung around she would have saved herself a hefty fine... as they say crime doesn't pay :nono:

My missus called up the lady and gave her the insurance claim number, she was actually pretty contained and calm, I wanted to have a chat to the lady but my missus wouldn't let me because she thaught I might use some abusive or colorfull language? You guys don't think I would do anything like that do you? :rolleyes:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
awesome!!!! :thumbsup:

good to hear you got her back for it :woot:

Heh...I probably would've bi*** slapped her through the phone :D

·
Blakura
55 Posts
well i can't find the ones who vandalized my car!!!! otherwise i would fine and sue their arses....

·
The Bay State
931 Posts
I am happy that you had a witness and you can get your TSX repaired. Everyone is right, many ppl don't care about others anymore.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts