Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Chicago
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
just installed my dash cam- my rear view mirror area looks crazy now- toll pass, radar detector and now this!

nothing special, 1080P front & rear lens w an LCD so you can see the image being captured, with mic & gps sensor (tracks you using google maps), has a lith-ion rechargeable battery so it doesn't have to be plugged in all the time or hard wired and runs continuous loop, and displays how fast you are going

and guess what i saw...

1 rear end, 2 stalled cars and really nice accident with the rear end of a rig slamming into a car as it tried to pass it!

<embed src="http://img593.imageshack.us/flvplayer.swf?f=Peq3e" width="640" height="380" allowFullScreen="true" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"/>

- i wasn't actually listening to the bonanza theme in my car, i added it after, i felt it just fit right with the video!

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
A dash cam is definitely one of the top things on my list that I need to get done with the car

·
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
its just a generic ebay one... but the resolution is pretty good & it has a rechargeable battery and it comes with its own preloaded software which allows you to view videos, track your location, save videos, capture images from the video, etc. i just liked it b/c it has a rear facing lens as well, not 1080p for the rear lens, but its there nonetheless... just an added peace of mind.

ohh and i just noticed 700th post, almost triple digits! lol

·
Registered
85 Posts
And that is why you don't drive fast in the slow lane trying to pass cars on the right. That big rig couldn't have seen him, until the car pulled out in he other lane but was too late

That guy got what was coming to him - hoped he learned his lesson. Big truck will always win.

LOL at the Bonanza music! Awesome

Really good resolution on the camera, i wouldn't mind picking one up myself

·
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
The rig was blasting it... Illinois state law mandates max speed limit of 55mph (thanks obama)....i was going amost 15 tad bits over ;) ...so the truck must have been going almost 80.... And trucks never stop unless something makes them stop. ... I knew it was about to happen, as i started to brake and back off...

I looked at the blCkvue but for $200+ didn't seem worth it to me... I picked this up for a little over a bill. When i bought them i made a deal for 5... If people are interested i can try to set up a mini group buy or something for them. I also have. Couple left over that i didnt end up using

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 16 of 16 Posts