Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I purchased my TSX three weeks ago, the dealer told me that my first "ding" in 90 days is covered. And wouldn't you know it, some jackass with a white car opened his car door into my car today. :mad:

The white scratches are about 3/4 of an inch long and about a half inch wide, and there is a slight dent in the door that you can see when you look at it at the right angle. I'm really hoping that the dealership will fix this under that 90-day ding policy.

Did anyone else get this 90-day ding policy when they bought their TSX, and have you ever needed to cash in on it? I'm curious whether the dealer is going to go back on his word since it's not actually in the warranty, or if he's going to tell me that my ding is "more than a ding" or something like that.

Any advice would be helpful. I'm SO mad.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
sounds like a local policy. Pretty nice if you ask me.

·
Yankee Killer
37 Posts
Great policy if he holds to it... its annoying having to park far away from everything and everyone...

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
Ouch ! sorry to hear that.

Never heard of that offer/policy myself.
Did he tell ya that before or after you put your signature down ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have that offer on my TSX too. First ding within 90 days will be fixed at no cost. I had another ding related question, has any member here ever bought that Ding warranty that the dealership offers? I dont remember the exact details but they will cover all dings for 5 years or something.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Well First off Black Beauty, Welcome to the forums :wavey: sounds like u have a NHB, good choice :laugh:...

Well to to the truth, Ive never heard of this policy, if anyone has more information please post it, got one or two nasty ones I wouldn't mind them fixing,

·
Registered
14 Posts
MemphisRheins, Thanx for the welcome note! :)

I have asked my dealership for more details on the Dent Shield (thats what they call it), basically covers dings (up to a certain size) for 5 years. I will post more details as I get them.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,514 Posts
My dealer offered that; it was basically a coupon from the Dent Magician, a local service that goes out to dealerships and removes dings. You drop your car off on a given day (they'll usually tell you what day he'll be at the dealership) , and he comes out and fixes a bunch at one time.

My coupon was good for one ding removal in the first 90 days; there was a size restriction and painting would be extra.

They are usually very reasonable though......

I park so far away that I really never have anyone next to me.....

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
LannyM said:
I park so far away that I really never have anyone next to me.....
same here....get a bit of excercise too

·
Registered
14 Posts
Folks,

Heres the lowdown on the Ding Coverage Plan as offered by the dealership (through Dent Wizard).

Beginning with the purchase, you receive the first ding removal, up to the size of a quarter, if it occurs within the first 90 days of ownership. After that, you would have to pay for each and every ding removal.

You have the option to purchase the Ding Shield plan, from Dent Wizard, for 3, 4, or 5 years. The 3 year plan entitles you to the repair of up to 5 panels for $399. The 4 year plan entitles you to the repair of up to 6 panels for $499. The 5 year plan entitles you to the repair of up to 7 panels for $599.

Each panel repair can include up to 3 dings in the panel, but they must
be repaired at the same time to be included as 1 panel repair. If you experience only 1 ding per year, you should have gotten your money's worth from the protection. The cost of an average ding removal, if you pay for it separately, is $139 per ding removal. If you experienced only 1 ding per year for the next 3 years, you would pay, approximately, $417 for those 3 ding removals, if removed on a per occurrence basis. The 3 year Ding Shield plan is $399. Any covered dings, above and beyond the estimated 1 ding per year, would cost you nothing more, as they are already covered in the cost of the Ding Shield plan that you have chosen.

So, what do y'all think? Good? Bad? Worth it? Money-making tactic?

:confused:

·
2005 TSX 6MT Nav
692 Posts
i think its good, how about scratches though?
i have more scratches and no dings.

·
Registered
97 Posts
our ding man charges 50.00 per ding,....so i guess thats good

1 - 13 of 13 Posts