Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the chance to drive a Tsx today. Black/black with auto. I currently have a 2000 Integra Gsr. I like my car but am ready for something a little bigger and smoother. I am also looking at an IS300.

Here is my initial reaction;

Exterior...

In person, the tsx looks slightly tall and narrow, likely because of the high beltline. Is there some law that factory alloys must look bland? Love the "dual" exhaust, just wish it sounded like it. Also like the hid projectors. Car wont draw undue attention but maybe that's a good thing.

Interior...

Wow, no complaint here. Eat this BMW! Interior would be at home on a 60k car.

Driving...

Initial throttle tip-in is nice. Leaves the line like a small 6 cylinder.
Motor is uncommonly smooth for a 4 cylinder, and a large one to boot! Still though, near redline, there is no mistaking it for a 4 banger. The handling is firm with little body roll but I have this feeling automakers are firming up the suspenders to make that "feel" as though it's a real handler..?? My Gsr rolls and pitches more but on a super tight/fast mountain road the car is one of the best fwd's I have driven. I hate to admit it but I like the idea of an automatic trans. The skunk shifter in my car is has VERY short/tight throws but is a chore in traffic. Overall, I would rate the TSX as equal to the IS300 with each car having their own benefits. Now, lets see if I can break my lease early!!

also, for some great high res pics of as tsx, go here
http://imageevent.com/tsx_wiz/mytsx?n=0&z=9&c=4&x=0&m=24&w=0&p=101

·
Registered
954 Posts
plutonium239 said:
My Gsr rolls and pitches more but on a super tight/fast mountain road the car is one of the best fwd's I have driven. I hate to admit it but I like the idea of an automatic trans. The skunk shifter in my car is has VERY short/tight throws but is a chore in traffic.
I have a GS-R as well. I remember reading a review of it a while back. It said that the GS-R could actually be an excellent handling car (along the lines of the late Prelude) if it had better (wider) tires. In addition, the sedan with its longer wheelbase is actually better handling than the coupe.

I don't mind using a manual tranny in traffic. I've gotten used to the clutch and engine idle speed that I can actually crawl (around 5mph or less) in first gear.

My next car may be an automatic, however, as my fiance has a hard time driving a manual.

Right now, I'd be torn between the new TL and a TSX. I like the size, price and gas mileage on the TSX. I like the engine and sound system in the TL.

Oh well, it'll probably be another year or so before I'm ready to buy again... so who knows what will be available at that time. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts