Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe this happened to me.
I was on a hill and rthere was traffic.
I had my foot on the brakes because there was nowhere to go.
When cars started moving, the towncar in front
slowly slid backward and hit me. There was no time to react and
I felt like I was in a dream. The little old lady apparantly had her
car cut-off on her.

Anyway, my acura logo in the front is slightly bent and the grill will need replacing. There is also a long vertical line on the front bumper. The damage is light, but the hood has a hump on the passenfer side. When I get estimates and stuff, can I have the insurrance company pay for a kenstyle grille? If so, someone get me a link for purchase.

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Vancouver
9,175 Posts
Wow...... luckily it's only a small accident.....and no one was hurt man..... Imagine if she drove a HUMMER>.......shit...lol.....ur car would've been GONE!~

·
Denial: a river in Egypt
277 Posts
Hey ,

I know how you feel, I just got my car out of the shop too, except I was hit by a car wash arm!!! :mad:

At least no one was hurt and their was no significant engine damage. Your car will look brand new when its fixed. Still sucks though...... Good luck!

·
gas-aholic
208 Posts
i doubt it. i ran into a RAV4 once at like 5mph (traffic on the freeway) and my airbags didn't go off....but i DID get sorta sucked under the bumper than actually HIT it...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My airbags did not go off.
Since the front bumper will probably have to be replaces and defenitely the front Acura grill, I was going to just get the kenstyle bumper and grill. How does everyone think this will look? Also, do you think Insurrance will cover the kenstyle grill rather than the OEM?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
Very sorry to hear what happened studdly, but like other's have said, glad everyone is ok.
My guess is that your insurance will replace all parts with OEM parts, unless you have additional insurance for after market parts.
But it depends on your insurance, and coverage. Best to check with them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.