Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the TSX, I find that the radio reception is poor, wasn't yesterday in my CL. Little small, and other minor things I have to get used to. I almost have the seatbelt chime solved, and no it isn't wearing the belt!

Question... does this car have any sort of power up or down window features off the remote?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,498 Posts
press the unlock button on the fob once..let go and press again but this time hold down on it and ur windows will roll down
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
marcura02 said:
I like the TSX, I find that the radio reception is poor, wasn't yesterday in my CL. Little small, and other minor things I have to get used to. I almost have the seatbelt chime solved, and no it isn't wearing the belt!

Question... does this car have any sort of power up or down window features off the remote?
I haven't even listened to FM since I discovered the joys of XM, which comes in crystal clear.

Why don't you share your seatbelt chime solution?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
to turn seatbelt chime off....





stick your key in the seatbelt clasp and press down. dont get ur key stuck like i almost did. worked like an f'n charm!!!!!!!
cannot take credit for it.... found this on the web... orig. for TL... works just as well for TSX!

When the buckle is put in the slot, it depresses something that holds it in and tells the car you are buckled up. Simply, stick your car key in the slot where the buckle belongs. Stick it more on the side of "SH" of the red "PUSH" button. It should depress the button in there, you will hear it. If your car is on you will see the red seatbelt icon go off when this is done correctly. You can take the key out and the car will think your seatbelt is on until someone presses the "PUSH" button.
 

·
whatever
Joined
·
4,377 Posts
seatbelt chime - that's 05 feature right ?
 

·
whatever
Joined
·
4,377 Posts
-phase- said:
pressing the panic button will roll them back up ;) hehehhe
didnt know that....never hit the panic button yet
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
marcura02 said:
to turn seatbelt chime off....





stick your key in the seatbelt clasp and press down. dont get ur key stuck like i almost did. worked like an f'n charm!!!!!!!
cannot take credit for it.... found this on the web... orig. for TL... works just as well for TSX!

When the buckle is put in the slot, it depresses something that holds it in and tells the car you are buckled up. Simply, stick your car key in the slot where the buckle belongs. Stick it more on the side of "SH" of the red "PUSH" button. It should depress the button in there, you will hear it. If your car is on you will see the red seatbelt icon go off when this is done correctly. You can take the key out and the car will think your seatbelt is on until someone presses the "PUSH" button.
That still requires that I "do something" every time I get in the car. I was hoping there was some way to deactivate the sensor once and for all. If I'm still going to have to "do something", I might as well go all out and buckle my seat belt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
pocketkiller said:
why don't you just wear your seat belt...it's safer that way
I usually do, but if I happen not to for whatever reason, I don't want that annoying chime. It's like a nagging mother-in-law.
 

·
BUM
Joined
·
1,242 Posts
manavi said:
I usually do, but if I happen not to for whatever reason, I don't want that annoying chime. It's like a nagging mother-in-law.
That's a little exageration...doesn't it go off after a couple chimes?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
manavi said:
That still requires that I "do something" every time I get in the car. I was hoping there was some way to deactivate the sensor once and for all. If I'm still going to have to "do something", I might as well go all out and buckle my seat belt.
NOT AT ALL! I did it ONCE and its been fine all day!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
pocketkiller said:
That's a little exageration...doesn't it go off after a couple chimes?
Does it? I figured it just kept repeating every quarter-mile or so until you either put on your seat belt or turned off the car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
marcura02 said:
NOT AT ALL! I did it ONCE and its been fine all day!!!!!!
So you just do it once and it never chimes ever again for as long as you own your car?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well i've only owned the car 26 hours. I did the key in the seatbelt trick at 2pm and i drove the car 2-3 more times today and nothing. so i'm guessing its holding and does not need to be done every time you drive, at least not in my case.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
marcura02 said:
Well i've only owned the car 26 hours. I did the key in the seatbelt trick at 2pm and i drove the car 2-3 more times today and nothing. so i'm guessing its holding and does not need to be done every time you drive, at least not in my case.
Maybe you broke it! :donno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
I happen to like the chime. It's my car telling me "Hey stupid put your seatbelt on cuz if i die i don't want you going with me!"
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
After one week I'll be honest, wish I could take it back! My '02 CL ROBBED the TSX! No comparison. I honestly like my wifes '03 Altima better too! The radio reception sucks, the damn door lock is where I like to put my elbow, its too small, not quick enough and the f'ing leather is a dirt magnet. Who wants a week old TSX?
 

·
Denial: a river in Egypt
Joined
·
277 Posts
originally posted by macura: if i did, i did. i don't care in the slightest! damn chime is gone, thats all that matters. - um.....anger management anyone :nervous:


Hey sorry to hear that you don't like the TSX very much.... I know dealers out here in Southeastern WI would love to get their hands on your car.....
 
1 - 20 of 61 Posts
Top