Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:bawling: It was Saturday afternoon and I was making my car look real nice cause I was going out w/ my sister and she's never seen the car. Meanwhile my hubbie was getting ready to take his ATV and go 4-wheelin with his buddies. So he had to move all of the cars out of the driveway to back his trailer out the garage. Well, when he was backing his parents old van that we're storing back inTO the drive way I had the passenger door open and I was half way in the car cleaning the door jams....ya see where this is going??

He didn't see that he was that close to the door and he hit it. So picture facing the rear of the car w/ the door open and a car backing into it barely pushing the bottom of the door. So the door was opened way farther then is suppossed to. It happened so quick that I didn't have a chance to yell fast enough!

Thankfully the damage wasn't as bad as it could've been but it still makes me wanna cry :( It sounded like the door was gonna fall off when it happened!! But it closes fine (no noises or anything). We took it to the dealership and they said it looks as if only the door hing was bent so it's very slightly off from the fender and the paint is chipped a little too. It's gonna cost around $700-$800 to fix which sucks.

Sorry for the long post....just thought I'd share my sob story with y'all All I gotta say is I'm glad I'm not the one who did it. My hubbie feels sick!! :puke:

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
ouch sorry to hear that, flfungirl....it's like getting your leg bent the other way :spike: , yeah that sucks big time.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Ouch! sorry to hear :(

at least there wasn't more damage done to your door...

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
I don't think there is any severe damage. The door hinge and assembly is designed to handle quite a fair bit of abuse, I had a similar experience on my CRV. When I was attempting to step out of the car with 80KM/H winds blowing, the door caught the windpath and it snapped the door hard into it's locking mechanism at it's maximum position whilst further extending a few milimeters. Checked and inspected, no problems whatsoever.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
sorry to hear what happened to the door.:(

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
johnej said:
ouch, well at least no one was hurt.. could have been worse
I am very sorry to hear about your car flfungirl, but like JJ said, at least you are ok :thumbsup:

·
Registered
20 Posts
In Some Areas Of The World That Is Grounds For Divorce Lol Sry To Here Hopefully He Has Repaid You For The Misery He Has Caused... :nod: :popcorn: h1e1l1p

·
By Appointment Only
172 Posts
That sux. If it makes you feel any better I busted my head twice yesterday after trying to dry all the snow off of my leather. I think I hit it hard enough to bend the door hinge, at least it felt like it.

Just trying to lighten up the situation.... I am glad that it wasn't as bad as it could've been, and that everyone is alright.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, I guess if he was going the other way I could've gotten my dead smashed...OUCH!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts