Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Noizzle shizzle!
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I'm the owner of a 2005 Satin Silver/Ebony 6MT TSX! This is my first brand new car! I wanted a new car because my current ride was too small to begin with and not refined enough for my tastes. I looked at a bunch of different cars and trim levels and found that this was the best bang for the buck.

I was driving a 2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R SpecV which made 175hp/180ft lb worth of power so I was a bit hesitant to get into a larger car with not much more horsepower. However, I'm happy to say that after my first test drive of the TSX I was pleasantly surprised by the refinement, roominess and overall looks and styling. I seriously considered and test drove both the TSX and the Lexus IS 300. The Lexus IS300 has a better power to weight ratio so it definitely felt quicker, but it's smaller and the options put you in the $32,000 price range which is Acura TL territory. That ruled out the Lexus. I also priced out the Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Limited Edition and Volvo S40. They were also out of my price range.

Besides, the Acura dealership gave me a price of $26,800 including rear wing spoiler, fog lights and the all season rubber floor mats. :woot: I went in on New Year's eve and the dealer seemed that she just wanted to strike a deal with me. Maybe it was just the right timing because it was after the holidays...I dunno.

I attached some pics of my ride below...including one that shows 19 miles on the odometer. It would have had less at time of pick up...but add in mileage for the dealer to put gas in it and my test drive through the twisties! :cool:

I've been lurking around on this board and finally had time to post my ride and my story. I hope I can help some people figure out some of their issues and also get help with mine!

Attachments

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
welcome nychousehero :wavey:
congrats on the new TSX !

which dealer was it ?

·
Noizzle shizzle!
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
robert_tsxgeek said:
welcome nychousehero :wavey:
congrats on the new TSX !

which dealer was it ?
Thanks for the welcome! I grew up in in South Norwalk...right off exit 14...not the bad, bad area...but it was decently rough. LOL I'm not too familiar with Fairfield, more Westport, Darien, Greenwich...lived in Greenwich for a while.

I went to Heart Acura in Wappinger Falls, NY. Oh...btw..no navi.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the site!!

Nice color combo :thumbsup:

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Vancouver
9,175 Posts
Nice..........any mods plan??

We have quite a few modded Satin Silver TSX here~!!!

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
welcome to the club! dont hesitate to take more pics when you take her home to share with the rest of the crew :)

·
Noizzle shizzle!
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
42 Posts
congrat's, that's a great price also. are you a little disgusted with the snow covering your car about 2 weeks ago?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
Congrats on your new SSM TSX and welcome to the club.:wavey:

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
nychousehero said:
Thanks for the welcome! I grew up in in South Norwalk...right off exit 14...not the bad, bad area...but it was decently rough. LOL I'm not too familiar with Fairfield, more Westport, Darien, Greenwich...lived in Greenwich for a while.

I went to Heart Acura in Wappinger Falls, NY. Oh...btw..no navi.
ah I work in Norwalk, live in Ridgefield. posting from Westport now :grinno:

·
Noizzle shizzle!
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
kenk25 said:
congrat's, that's a great price also. are you a little disgusted with the snow covering your car about 2 weeks ago?
Thanks! YES...very disgusted with the snow...a few times now. LOL. Filthy snow...salt...sand...UGH. Oh well...I got a decent price...but now I run the risk of wearing out my floor mats! :grinno:

Looks like you may have felt my pain down there in NJ!

Agent_Chen said:
Congrats on your new SSM TSX and welcome to the club.:wavey:
Thanks Agent Chen! Good to be part of the board!

robert_tsxgeek said:
ah I work in Norwalk, live in Ridgefield. posting from Westport now :grinno:
Way too classy for me...LOL. I'm down the bad part of route 7! LOL

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,199 Posts
Congrats man, i just bought mine as well and i'm sooooo loving this baby. I even slept in it the first day i got it, LoL.

·
Noizzle shizzle!
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Drunkenbuda said:
Congrats man, i just bought mine as well and i'm sooooo loving this baby. I even slept in it the first day i got it, LoL.
Thanks! Yeah...I know the feeling...Ever seen that BMW commercial where the girl is at work staring at her 3 series??? That was me for the first week! :woot: DAMN I love this car! I don't know why I didn't buy one sooner! I guess I always figured they were out of my price range. The car fits me perfectly as far as power and refinements. The little details don't hurt either. The interior LED "courtesy light" that illuminates the shifter area and the center floor console...very kewl. The way I can plug the power adapter for my cell phone into the flip up opening in the center console, route the wire through the hole and then close the flip up opening and lay my phone on the passenger seat or in the center cup holders....sweet. The aluminum door sills....the metallic accents on the dash....the HID headlights...the perforated seats (which do help keep you cooler)...the fluidity of the shifter. I could go on and on...it's just a great car and a great value! I can see why Car and Driver voted it 10 Best (Best Sports Sedan). DAMN...I LOVE MY CAR!

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
Drunkenbuda said:
haha that's LOVE :bowdown:

·
Overworked Microsoft Peon
13,780 Posts
Drunkenbuda said:
He he he - yeah. I was looking out the window every five minutes making sure nobody messed or even went near my car.

I think I must have clicked that alarm button a gazillion times so I could see it flash the lights and make sure the car was still there. :)

·
Noizzle shizzle!
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Revenent said:
He he he - yeah. I was looking out the window every five minutes making sure nobody messed or even went near my car.

I think I must have clicked that alarm button a gazillion times so I could see it flash the lights and make sure the car was still there. :)
LOL...you know what? I'm STILL doing that! :) Wow...I thought I was the only one. I still look out the window and make sure it's there. I also park far away from other cars so my car doesn't get dinged by other people who don't care about how they open their doors. Oh...btw...I just looked out the window and it's STILL there! LOL

1 - 19 of 19 Posts