Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been enjoying this site for while now and at last have my new car.Here are some pics,hopfully! Here in New Zealand the car is supplied with 17ins. wheels as standard now,also the spare. The car is everything I hoped it would be with the exception of the hesitant throtle,is this normal?. My previous car an Alfa 156 also had fly by wire but that worked perfectly.

Attachments

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
congratulations gunner and welcome to the club :wavey:
nice you already have the body kit.

Can you take a look at your owners manual and see
what is the recommended milage BEFORE the first oil change ?

thanka

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
Welcome to the club, gunner!:wavey:

Great choice in colour! We have quite a few Australian Accord Euro owners, your the first I've seen from New Zealand. How is the Euro compared to the 156.

I have a friend who lives outside Auckland and I've been trying to convince him to get out of his '00 Commodore sedan and get an Accord Euro. How do you like your Euro so far? :)

And the throttle thing isn't common, but it does happen as I notice it on mines sometimes.

·
would you be my neighbor?
243 Posts
looks awesome...

i want your wheels

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Vancouver
9,175 Posts
You just want his wheels only?? I was his Engine!!....lol!.... and all the emblem!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
3,158 Posts
Benz_05TSX said:
You just want his wheels only?? I was his Engine!!....lol!.... and all the emblem!

why would u want this engine???

·
, Moderator Emeritus
3,158 Posts
if u ever wana swap rims let me know :)

btw u mentioned something about the spare, u havea full size rim spare
or u have 'spare' now where u didn't have one b4

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Vancouver
9,175 Posts
Opps... I thought it was the 220hp engine.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
robert_tsxgeek said:
congratulations gunner and welcome to the club :wavey:
nice you already have the body kit.

Can you take a look at your owners manual and see
what is the recommended milage BEFORE the first oil change ?

thanka
First oil change is 10,000 Kls or 1yr whichever comes first.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
NeoChaser said:
if u ever wana swap rims let me know :)

btw u mentioned something about the spare, u havea full size rim spare
or u have 'spare' now where u didn't have one b4
The spare is a 5th alloy rather than a space saver that most cars seem to have these days.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Gunner, the hesitant throttle is the result of Honda's drive by wire system. The fuel curves are programmed such that you cannot abuse the drivetrain as easily as most other cars. Sort of an insurance policy for the manufacturer as they are offering increasingly longer warranties.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
3,158 Posts
gunner said:
The spare is a 5th alloy rather than a space saver that most cars seem to have these days.
wow so it's an alloy rim?
cause we still have steelies..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Agent_Chen said:
Welcome to the club, gunner!:wavey:

Great choice in colour! We have quite a few Australian Accord Euro owners, your the first I've seen from New Zealand. How is the Euro compared to the 156.

I have a friend who lives outside Auckland and I've been trying to convince him to get out of his '00 Commodore sedan and get an Accord Euro. How do you like your Euro so far? :)

And the throttle thing isn't common, but it does happen as I notice it on mines sometimes.
So far the euro is just great and considering it is half the price of the Alfa it stacks up verry well.I miss the power of the Alfa v6 but not the service and spares prices!!.

other ride mazda mx5 Miata BRG v special.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts