Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Its Slammed Man
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to run a set of Privat Akzents that are 18x8 with a 46 offset.

I read somewhere that i would need spacers to clear my front break calipers. I was wondering what size spacers I would need to run to avoid any fender work.

·
*Metalhead*
2,657 Posts
I had these and you will most likely need a 10mm spacer to clear the front caliper. Backs are fine. No fender work in rear and fender liner tab bend up front.

·
Its Slammed Man
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome, it might have been your post from another forum. Should i throw a 10mm in the back as well for a flusher stance? Any recommendations for spacer manufactures? Will I have to do any work to my existing studs?

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
Awesome, it might have been your post from another forum. Should i throw a 10mm in the back as well for a flusher stance? Any recommendations for spacer manufactures? Will I have to do any work to my existing studs?
You will either need to replace your existing studs with extended versions or buy an adapter type spacer. If you get the adapter type spacer, make sure you measure the space behind the wheel cause your existing studs will stick out and will need to be cut if there is not enough space behind the wheel.

I say get 15-20mm in the back if you're getting 10mm in the front. There is more wheel space in the back so its nice to get a little more to give it that flush look all around.

H&R and project kics both make good spacers and I've had both. I hear people get ichiba branded spacers a lot too but I have no experience with them.

These ebay ones aren't bad as well. They are hubcentric and the price is good, but the smallest they come is 15mm. Project kics is the only company to make an adapter type 10mm spacer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HUBCENTRIC-WHEEL-SPACERS-ADAPTERS-15MM-TSX-2004-2008-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZModelQ3aTSXQQhashZitem255cd305dfQQitemZ160471123423QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_5460wt_1167

I'm running 10mm project kics in the front and these 15mm ebay ones in the back. Good luck

·
*Metalhead*
2,657 Posts
Ya, I'd get the bolt-on type 15mm spacers all around and call it a day. These wheels have cut outs on the back of the wheel that will accomodate the factory studs sticking out from the bolt on spacer. I hope that make sense.:laugh:

·
*Metalhead*
2,657 Posts
Do you think I can get away with 5mm in the front and 10mm in the back?
I don't think so. When I test fitted the same wheel, the minimum amount room I had to make them fit was at least 10mm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts