Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I have a question regarding a set of wheels I'm considering.
Currently my car is stock, but will have a set of Tein Street Advance coil overs in the next few weeks.

I want to run a set of wheels that are 18x9.5 +30 with a 215/40 tire.

(Not my picture... Borrowed from frizzle on zilvia.net forums)

Will i run into issues with stock fenders? I was really hoping to not have to do any kind of fender work, since i dont really know anyone in my area that would do it for me.

Thanks in advance.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
you will need fender work with the wheels you asked about.

look for something along the lines of 18x8.5 +50, 18x8 +45, 18x7.5 +40, etc... if you dont want fender work.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damn. I wanna go wide, so i guess fender work is inevitable.
Im pretty set on the Varrstoens, I just really didnt want to pull the fenders. Rolling them isnt too big of a deal.

·
David Path
1,650 Posts
Pulling them isn't bad. I got my rears roll and a slight pull. No relocation of the bumper tab. Just shave some plastic lining from the rear wheel well and I was good. I'm running 18x9.5+25 with 215/40/18 tires. If you want to avoid rubbing issues get camber and low pro tires like 215/35/18's

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pulling them isn't bad. I got my rears roll and a slight pull. No relocation of the bumper tab. Just shave some plastic lining from the rear wheel well and I was good. I'm running 18x9.5+25 with 215/40/18 tires. If you want to avoid rubbing issues get camber and low pro tires like 215/35/18's
215/40 is as low profile as i wanna go, and i didnt wanna run any camber at all, since i drive a lot i dont wanna have to replace tires every couple months.

·
I </3 NY ROADS
4,046 Posts
Hey all,
I want to run a set of wheels that are 18x9.5 +30 with a 215/40 tire.
Damn. I wanna go wide, so i guess fender work is inevitable.
i didnt wanna run any camber at all, since i drive a lot i dont wanna have to replace tires every couple months.

The wheels would fit with no camber or fender work, but it will not look anywhere near as to what you have in mind. No way to get that stanced\fitted look without modding fenders and adding camber. Go with those wheels in a 18x8.5 +45 offset 225\40\18 tires and you have perfect daily fitment. You can run oem camber and no fender mods.

·
&#22235;&#19990;
1,767 Posts
Yeeea there's no way you can run those spec wheels and tires without fender work or at least a rear camber kit. Unless you're stock height. :) Like Blu said, you're gunna have to go narrower and higher in your offset.

·
Stock but sexy
16 Posts
Hey guys i wanna go 18x9.5 20 offset all they way around can I pull that off without fender work? As for tires 225 40 or 215 40.. need help

1 - 13 of 13 Posts