Acura TSX Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yeah, I'd like to know if anyone else got their car tuned for the DBW issue. It's really bothersome when I have passengers and cruising in traffic on first and second gear and everyone's rocking their head back and forth as if we were rocking out to music at full blast.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yeah, I'd like to know if anyone else got their car tuned for the DBW issue. It's really bothersome when I have passengers and cruising in traffic on first and second gear and everyone's rocking their head back and forth as if we were rocking out to music at full blast.

Things are much better for me now. Whether it's primarily due to getting used to the feel of the car or the tuning, and adding a cat converter back into the car and the stock RBB instead of RBC manifold the previous owner had dropped in, I can't say, but if you're in the NYC area, drop me a PM and you could try my car out. (2007 6MT TSX)

Note that I've gotten into the habit of slipping the clutch a little bit when starting from a dead stop in first gear; I release to the friction point, then start giving it gas while blipping the clutch in lightly before releasing it out as the revs go up.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Things are much better for me now. Whether it's primarily due to getting used to the feel of the car or the tuning, and adding a cat converter back into the car and the stock RBB instead of RBC manifold the previous owner had dropped in, I can't say, but if you're in the NYC area, drop me a PM and you could try my car out. (2007 6MT TSX)

Note that I've gotten into the habit of slipping the clutch a little bit when starting from a dead stop in first gear; I release to the friction point, then start giving it gas while blipping the clutch in lightly before releasing it out as the revs go up.
Haha I appreciate the invite, but I live in California. Did you get it tuned? I have seen a few posts about some people tuning their TSX to get rid of the jerky responses, but no one has specifically said what was actually tuned to get it running smoothly.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Haha I appreciate the invite, but I live in California. Did you get it tuned? I have seen a few posts about some people tuning their TSX to get rid of the jerky responses, but no one has specifically said what was actually tuned to get it running smoothly.
I started a thread a couple days ago to compare my experiences with dyno tuning vs. e-tuning. To summarize, I wasn't completely happy with the dyno-tune mainly because of the throttle's high sensitivity after the tune. Vit's e-tune dulled out the throttle sensitivity and is much more comfortable in my daily commute.

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/ecu-tuning/178474-dyno-tuning-vs-e-tuning-review-impressions.html

From what I can tell, these the settings that helps with the throttle response:

• Uncheck 1st gear throttle dampening enabled. You can find this under the Throttle settings. This option is checked by default in the stock calibration.
  • Uncheck Overrun throttle opening enabled You can find this under the Throttle settings. This option is checked by default in the stock calibration.
  • Modify the Overrun fuel cut delay settings for each gear. You can find this under the Fuel settings.
  • For the Overrun fuel cut delay, Vit set mine to 110ms, 80ms, 60ms, 60ms, 40ms. My dyno tuner set it to 30ms for all the gears to reduce the rev hang, but in turn made the throttle very jerky. Stock calibration is set to 130ms, 130ms, 130ms, 130ms, 110ms.
There's probably other settings that Vit adjusted for the throttle sensitivity, but I'm not exactly sure what else he did.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I started a thread a couple days ago to compare my experiences with dyno tuning vs. e-tuning. To summarize, I wasn't completely happy with the dyno-tune mainly because of the throttle's high sensitivity after the tune. Vit's e-tune dulled out the throttle sensitivity and is much more comfortable in my daily commute.

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/ecu-tuning/178474-dyno-tuning-vs-e-tuning-review-impressions.html

• Uncheck 1st gear throttle dampening enabled. You can find this under the Throttle settings. This option is checked by default in the stock calibration.
  • Uncheck Overrun throttle opening enabled You can find this under the Throttle settings. This option is checked by default in the stock calibration.
  • Modify the Overrun fuel cut delay settings for each gear. You can find this under the Fuel settings.
  • For the Overrun fuel cut delay, Vit set mine to 110ms, 80ms, 60ms, 60ms, 40ms. My dyno tuner set it to 30ms for all the gears to reduce the rev hang, but in turn made the throttle very jerky. Stock calibration is set to 130ms, 130ms, 130ms, 130ms, 110ms.
There's probably other settings that Vit adjusted for the throttle sensitivity, but I'm not exactly sure what else he did.
Wow, thanks for the info! I really, really, really appreciate it! :smile2: Hoping to get my flashpro within the next month and get it tuned by vit.

·
Registered
256 Posts

quoting for greatness in this post
I did the uncheck myself back in early Dec and felt an immediate difference in throttle response, it's actually too sensitive in 1st. I checked my overrun fuel cut and every gear is set to 30ms. I will make more conservative changes in 1st and 2nd and report back.

·
Registered
22 Posts
quoting for greatness in this post
I did the uncheck myself back in early Dec and felt an immediate difference in throttle response, it's actually too sensitive in 1st. I checked my overrun fuel cut and every gear is set to 30ms. I will make more conservative changes in 1st and 2nd and report back.
Please let us know :) There doesn't seem like there's enough information about the tuning for a better throttle response so this'll definitely help everyone out.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I changed 1st gear from 30ms to 60ms there isn't an immediate difference but I have to go over some of the more questionable roads around me to check it out. Bascially on anything but smooth throttle inputs in 1st gear you will get a heavy jerking motion on the old 30ms setting. Most people who have attempted to drive my car i have suggested they shift when they get into the 1st gear jerk. I will keep you updated as i drive it more and tweak it more.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I changed 1st gear from 30ms to 60ms there isn't an immediate difference but I have to go over some of the more questionable roads around me to check it out. Bascially on anything but smooth throttle inputs in 1st gear you will get a heavy jerking motion on the old 30ms setting. Most people who have attempted to drive my car i have suggested they shift when they get into the 1st gear jerk. I will keep you updated as i drive it more and tweak it more.
Any updates the past few weeks?

·
Registered
10 Posts

https://www.tsxclub.com/forums/ecu-tuning/178474-dyno-tuning-vs-e-tuning-review-impressions.html

Did you ever find out what else was done? Bring this thread back alive! I just got my flashpro and I'm trying to make things a bit more smooth.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Did you ever find out what else was done? Bring this thread back alive! I just got my flashpro and I'm trying to make things a bit more smooth.
I saw you bump this and the other Flashpro related thread complaining about "jerky" pedal reaction and wanting more "smoothness"

Are you talking about at low speeds? The Flashpro tuning here is more related, I think, to rev hang while downshifting, not so much "I'm in first/second gear and the throttle response feels very on/off at times and my car bucks back and forth as the gas seems to cut off when my revs approach 1K"

I had this impression when I first got my TSX as well (an 07 I got in 2014), what smoothed things out for me was replacing the APP (Accelerator Pedal Position) Sensor, and also just plain getting used to being smoother/slower on the clutch release, and feathering the clutch a bit when slowing down to low speeds even in second gear.

Though I do also have a Flashpro and tuning done, so that could still be a contributing factor.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I saw you bump this and the other Flashpro related thread complaining about "jerky" pedal reaction and wanting more "smoothness"

Are you talking about at low speeds? The Flashpro tuning here is more related, I think, to rev hang while downshifting, not so much "I'm in first/second gear and the throttle response feels very on/off at times and my car bucks back and forth as the gas seems to cut off when my revs approach 1K"

I had this impression when I first got my TSX as well (an 07 I got in 2014), what smoothed things out for me was replacing the APP (Accelerator Pedal Position) Sensor, and also just plain getting used to being smoother/slower on the clutch release, and feathering the clutch a bit when slowing down to low speeds even in second gear.

Though I do also have a Flashpro and tuning done, so that could still be a contributing factor.

Yes I was referring to the 1st gear gas cut off, it's very so annoying. I'm trying to feather and get used to it but ~1/3 times I'm jerking at low rpm, I also just got the car 3 weeks ago and haven't been driving all that much...which APP Sensor did you get? OEM? was it difficult to replace?

·
Registered
10 Posts

Did you have an engine code for APP sensor, is that why you did it?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Did you have an engine code for APP sensor, is that why you did it?
Nah, I just replaced it on principle based on some other posts in this forum, if I recall correctly; I also did a few other things at the same time, like reverting to a stock RBB manifold from the RBC manifold the previous owner had swapped in, much better low and mid range torque and driveability as a result, and a re-tune of the ECU with the Flashpro to go along with it. So I couldn't really say what made it smoother, the APP sensor replacement, the re-tune, or the reverting to RBB manifold.

·
Registered
2 Posts
New to the thread and doing extensive suspension upgrades on recently purchased 2011 TSX sportswagon 2.4L.

Liking the car, so far. Hope to be loving it when I finish these upgrades. One problem though, I hate speed sensitive steering. Really? The car feels decent in Sport mode, but not liking the increase in revs. Can any of these ECU programs help me out.

BTW, I know just enough to get me into trouble. This may be your proverbial dumb question.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts