Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone

im lead to believe that flashpro is designed to be locked to one ecu.

so you can only use it on one ecu.

so what if that ecu dies?

or you buy a second hand one, lock it to it and the ecu turns out to be faulty?

are you then left with an unusable flashpro????

is this correct? any one know?

·
-
1,790 Posts
Programmers like FlashPro have been around for nearly 20 years, nearly every situation & scenario has been covered!

1st of all, ECU failure is extremely rare in any vehicle. Have you even heard of an Honda ECU failure ever?
Not counting the guys monkeying around with the h/w & cabling.

If your ECU did fail, or more likely, if you "bricked" your ECU (corrupted the firmware in it), and you couldn't unlock your FlashPro from it for a replacement ECU, I would guarantee that Hondata would either give you an unlock code or unlock your FlashPro for you as long as you had the original sales receipt for your FlashPro.

·
Triple Platinum Member
606 Posts
If your ECU did fail, or more likely, if you "bricked" your ECU (corrupted the firmware in it), and you couldn't unlock your FlashPro from it for a replacement ECU, I would guarantee that Hondata would either give you an unlock code or unlock your FlashPro for you as long as you had the original sales receipt for your FlashPro.
What escrow is the $695 in?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Programmers like FlashPro have been around for nearly 20 years, nearly every situation & scenario has been covered!

1st of all, ECU failure is extremely rare in any vehicle. Have you even heard of an Honda ECU failure ever?
Not counting the guys monkeying around with the h/w & cabling.

point well made. i have never heard of honda/acura ecu failing.

just thought id ask the question :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.