Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from the UK.

I thought i would share with you guys a mod i did to my Euro Accord (US TSX).

In Europe the Accord had a mild facelift in 2006 and one of the changes was the wiperblades were changed to the lay flat type. You can convert your old wiper arms to take the new style blades with a tiny mod.

The Honda (Acura) blades look better than the retro fit Bosch etc ones you get as they don't have a bulge where the wiperblade attaches to the wiper arm and looks cleaner.

Very easy mod to do and takes about 5 minutes.

Tools needed,

Small Philips screwdriver.

New Facelift flat wiper blades. £25 a pair from Honda.

Most of you will already know that the passenger side wiper arm is already compatible with the newer flat wiper blade found on the facelift 7th gen Accord but the drivers side has a block on the wiper that holds the old style wiper blade steady at high speed which gets in the way of the new style flat blade.
This mod will save you buying a drivers side wiper arm which costs £60 + VAT from Honda.

All you need to do is lift the arm and look underneath the plastic block and you will see a small Philips screw holding it to the wiper, Just unscrew this and the block comes off, Then your good to go.

This picture shows the plastic block that you need to remove. (under my finger)

A picture of it removed.

Which leaves you with this.

That is it, Job done.

Now just install your wipers you got from Honda and stand back and admire your handy work.

From this.

To this.

I have tested this mod at motorway speeds and i get no lift or chatter from the wipers and they work perfectly.

I hope this is useful to some of you.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
:thumbsup:

·
pedal damn it
2,876 Posts
Nice job!!!
I've been putting this off for the longest. I definitely need to do this.
So are those the OEM 06-08 blades, or arms or both?
Anybody got a part # on this so I can slap these bad boys on my '05 ASAP!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice job!!!
I've been putting this off for the longest. I definitely need to do this.
So are those the OEM 06-08 blades, or arms or both?
Anybody got a part # on this so I can slap these bad boys on my '05 ASAP!
All you need is the OEM blades from Honda (Acura).
Just do the small mod i showed in the guide above and the OEM blades will go straight on.

They look much nicer than the retrofit flat blades from Bosch and Valeo or whoever else does them in the US as they have no bulge where the wiper connects to the arm, And the arm sits slightly lower because the blades connect to the side not on the top.

·
Registered
110 Posts
so these OEM blades are identical for all years?

·
~t.sdz
1,579 Posts
bumpppppp post up pics if anyone else did this!

·
~t.sdz
1,579 Posts
anyone have a part#? i need new wipers baddddddd

1 - 15 of 15 Posts