Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got this back from the shop, they charged me $58 to paint it which I thought was pretty decent, it looks great on the car, especially since I recently blacked out my window trim.

I'm thinking of painting my "A" black next, and maybe doing something with the chrome door handles and grille.

Anyhow here's 2 pics:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Very nice. Mine is in paint now. Fitment looks good to me, what do you think about it?

Mine unfortunately has voids (air pockets) in the fiberglass and they have to sand and fill those spots with more fiberglass. The extra prep will raise my paint cost a good bit.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very nice. Mine is in paint now. Fitment looks good to me, what do you think about it?

Mine unfortunately has voids (air pockets) in the fiberglass and they have to sand and fill those spots with more fiberglass. The extra prep will raise my paint cost a good bit.
Mine was about 8.5/10, there were a few scuffs and one 3" scratch. Fitment was good, the spoiler actually has a slight curve to it on the bottom side which fits onto the top of the trunk. Most people may not notice this though, it's very small. When you test fit it on make sure that all the tape connects, if you're not careful some will hang off the edge. I found the right spot where the curve lined up and all the tape connected, measured both sides, marked it, and put it on. Pretty simple.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the compliments.

The flp spoiler sticks out more compared to the ebay m3 lip?? And its fiberglass?? Any shots from the rear hahaha kinda interested in testing one

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
I positioned mine a few mm rearward as compared to the heeltoe demo pics. If you position it as they show on their website, the curve of the spoiler sits up on the trunk and looks like it doesn't fit up close. The way I did it, the slight curve on the bottom surface of the spoiler contours to the curve of the trunk. What can I say, I'm a perfectionist.

Yes it's fiberglass. It is this product:

Fastline Performance Rear Decklid Wing, 2003-2008 Acura TSX / Honda Accord CL7 CL9, Fiberglass or Carbon Fiber - HeelToe Automotive

Not the cheapest but it looks great, can't put an ebay lip on my Acura.

Here's a rear shot. Look at those clean tailpipes!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here's what I'm talking about concerning the curve; if it were to move forward any more, there would be a slight gap:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts