Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed the AV-Electronics switch with 4CH FM Modulator. When I tune into each of the 4 radio stations the sound is clear but I have to turn the volume all the way up to 40 just to hear the movie. If I start the car I can't hear it at all, the volume is just extremely to soft. Does anyone know what this could be?

FYI: I just bought a 2005 White TSX-NAV, I traded in a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad-Cab 4X4 Off-Road and yes it had the Hemi. It looks like I did it just in time for gas prices to go up even higher. I am getting double the gas as I was in my truck and love it. The other reason for getting ride of the truck is my wife is 3 months pregnant.

·
Registered
13 Posts
not sure what switch you speak of, but i use an FM Transmitter for my mp3 player. i have to turn the volume up pretty high on the mp3 player for the volume on the radio to be normal. maybe you have to do something similar?

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,092 Posts

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,092 Posts
Dang...I was afraid you were going to say you have an 05. I believe a solution is being worked on that will allow you to keep XM and also add RCA inputs. Keep your fingers crossed.

I've heard of people trying to use audio switchers to resolve this issue, but have run into problems. I will let you know if I hear about a good solution.

Does the Avelectronics unit's fm modulator have a cable that piggybacks with the existing car antenna?
FM modulators designed this way will usually sound better than the standard ones. Here's a quick example of one. I just did a quick search on Ebay.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I have found the issue.

If I plug the RCA's directly from the DVD player into the FM Modulator it sounds fine. If I plug the RCA's from the DVD player into the AV-Electronics switch out to the FM Modulator I have very poor sound quality.

Right now with only a DVD player in the car all is good but I am concerned if I want to add something else to the system I won't have sound because its not part of the system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts