Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my car gets raped...ONCE AGAIN!. Same place at work but this time I wont be able to hide it (unlike my license plate incident) :bawling:

Someone carelessly backed up to my car, and since it was dark and raining...maybe the driver didn't see my black car. (or maybe he was blind)

Fortunately my head light and fogs wasnt damaged, but this is freaking ridiculous. I don't get it anymore...this car has been definitely bad luck to me.

My options are:
A) Get it fix (local body shop) ~$200
B) Buy a new bumper (oem style) ~500 w/ paint
C) Wait for a used bumper in the FS thread lol ~???

It doesn't look too bad right now since its dark and its pissing rain out side, but once the sun comes out the damage would be so visible.

Anyway im going to get a 2way alarm system tomorrow, so next time I would know if somebody does another hit and run on me! :shootme:

·
Rocketeer
1,134 Posts
I've been backed into twice, rear ended three times and side swiped twice.

I know how you feel, trust me, but after a while, I just stopped caring about fixing it because I know it'll happen again LOL.

</3 east coast crap drivers.

·
Registered
26 Posts
sorry to hear that.. People always just drive away and pretend it didn't happen. A similar thing happen to me at work when my car was about 2 months old. some backed into my driver side quarter panel. the only good thing was they missed my blinker lens etc

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys...I think im just going to repair the bumper. It would be much cheaper, and besides what if it happens again lol. Well if it does, hopefully my new 2way alarm does the job for me :uzi:

·
That's Doctor
231 Posts
Acura of Boston lists a front bumper for $258.50. Does paint really cost $250? I'm thinking if you could get a guy to paint it for like $100, you'd be better off getting a whole new bumper.

·
flashprroooooo!!!
2,660 Posts
i would get a quote from a body shop and see how that compares to a brand new bumper. for the hassle of the former, you may be better off doing the latter.

of course, if you just repair the original bumper, you probably won't be as pissed if someone hits you yet again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts