Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been doing a little research as I am not completely happy with the style of the OEM fogs for the TSX.

Aside from the usual conversations regarding round vs. square, fog vs. driving, etc. what is the consensus for the "Halo" or "Angel Eye" style?

Attachments

·
Just a little nutty
664 Posts
Personally, I think they look great. I see angel eye headlights mostly on BMW 3 series and it seems to compliment the front end very well.

I haven't seen the angel eyes on a TSX, nor angel eye fog lights yet but as long as it doesn't overwhelm and take away from the front end styling (which I love BTW), I think it will compliment the HIDs well.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
I'm not feelin' the angel eyes on the fog lamps... Though it may look good around the highbeams.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
TSX 'R' US said:
I'm not feelin' the angel eyes on the fog lamps... Though it may look good around the highbeams.
werd, I am not feeling those either.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Since most of you were discussing how to "hook the fogs up without headlights" I thought this would be a good compromise for running fogs alone?

Is it the shape, style or concept that you don't feel good about?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
It's more for functionality that I want the fogs to be able to be turned on without the headlamps...as well as with the headlamps. Sometimes when it's not dark enough for headlights (like on a cloudy day), I just want to turn on my fogs, but not have my headlamps running.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TSX 'R' US said:
It's more for functionality that I want the fogs to be able to be turned on without the headlamps...as well as with the headlamps. Sometimes when it's not dark enough for headlights (like on a cloudy day), I just want to turn on my fogs, but not have my headlamps running.
Sorry, but still sounds more like an aesthetic than functional use?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
hip said:
Sorry, but still sounds more like an aesthetic than functional use?
During the daytime, yes because I could leave my headlamps on instead of just using my foglamps...
However, at night time there is a noticeable difference with/without the foglights...I find them very helpful on country roads to spot darn wabbits that can't decide if they want to cross the road or not.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TSX 'R' US said:
During the daytime, yes because I could leave my headlamps on instead of just using my foglamps...
However, at night time there is a noticeable difference with/without the foglights...I find them very helpful on country roads to spot darn wabbits that can't decide if they want to cross the road or not.
Forget the fogs, you need "infra red night vision" similar to Cadillac, only with cross-hairs and armaments. :grinno:

(see avatar for possible switch configuration)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
hip said:
Forget the fogs, you need "infra red night vision" similar to Cadillac, only with cross-hairs and armaments. :grinno:

(see avatar for possible switch configuration)
I took a caddy out for a test drive at night with the night vision....it's pretty sweeet...

And instead of foglights...get a pair of rocket launchers there instead :D
TSX could be the next bond car :p

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
I just want the fogs to stay on when I turn on the highbeams. I see no point in the shutting off myself. The whole point of turning on the highbeams is to have more light on the road. Whats the point of taking some away.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is there another thread describing fog lights options for TSX? I am looking to add a pair but wanted to see what's out there - i.e. pictures of OEM vs. after-market ones...Still not sure if the Acura ones are good or if I should go with something else. How easy is it to install a set of third party made fogs?

·
mymothercountry
69 Posts
I just want my fogs to match my headlights color, so it will be even looking, any suggestions? right now, i don't have any, looking to purchase a pair

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
euroR813 said:
I just want my fogs to match my headlights color, so it will be even looking, any suggestions? right now, i don't have any, looking to purchase a pair
If you're going to get the OEM fogs...you can purchase Hoen Xenonmatch bulbs to match.. http://www.hoen-usa.com/fog.htm

I think there are a few other brands out there that'll work also...

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
nevaspb said:
Is there another thread describing fog lights options for TSX? I am looking to add a pair but wanted to see what's out there - i.e. pictures of OEM vs. after-market ones...Still not sure if the Acura ones are good or if I should go with something else. How easy is it to install a set of third party made fogs?
I like my OEM ones :nod:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
tony4311 said:
check out this link on that site http://www.hoen-usa.com/plus.htm
hit control+A and see what appears at the bottom....they aren't just selling piaa lights are they??
Eeeeeenteresting.... Maybe I'll buy some PIAA bulbs and see... I actually haven't purchased anything for my foggies yet...I'm either going to do that later or wait till they burn out first... But now I'm curious...

·
Registered
5 Posts
TSX 'R' US said:
I like my OEM ones :nod:
Tell me more about the OEM fogs - are they yellow/amber just like typical fogs or bluish, just like our HID's? Are there any pics with headlights and OEM fogs on at the same time - for comparison? How about others? What do you people have/recommend?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
nevaspb said:
Tell me more about the OEM fogs - are they yellow/amber just like typical fogs or bluish, just like our HID's? Are there any pics with headlights and OEM fogs on at the same time - for comparison? How about others? What do you people have/recommend?
Sure... They're just like ordinary fog lights...yellowish color. You can get some bulbs that'll match up with the xenons... I'll be getting something to match my xenons as soon as my foggies burn out..or whenever I get some free cash laying around. I've attached a pic of my car with the fogs on..you can tell the color differnece between the two.

I personally like the fogs...I can actually see more off to the sides of the car and in front of me as well. I don't drive at night without them :)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts