Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i installed HID h11 fog lights in my car, after the install i tested them and they worked. when i went back to turn them on about 4 hours later to see them at night they did not work. has this happened to anyone else? anyone know how to fix them?

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
Take your bumper off and check all the connections. You should do a test with the bumper off and with the bumper on. Maybe a cable got loose while driving. Maybe check fuse too.

Unless you send us detailed pictures of the wiring, I'm afraid this forum won't be much help. Maybe take it to a shop if you're not confident in your work.

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
few questions as your post is quite vague:

1. when you tried it 4 hours later, was the car on/running or off with key in the on position?

2. Did the lights flicker and die, or not just come on at all?

3. Did you try turning it off and on again?

One point to make though, check the fog fuse and see if it blew. Other than that I would recommend you start the car and try turning them on.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the car has not been moved or stared since i put the fog lights in because im still waiting to get my ecu back from hondata.
when i turned them on the key wasnt in the ignition
they just dont turn on they dont flicker.
and where is the fuse?

·
Insane Member
162 Posts
its either in the fuse box in the engine bay next to your intake or under the dash above the pedals.

what kind of HID kit did you get? Is it the P-n-P (plugNplay) type kit or the complicated kit that has a ground wire/power wire/relay connected to the HID ballast etc.?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it had an HID bulb on the end that was connected to a ballast and the ballast had a wire that connected to the plug where the original bulb goes.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
next to my left leg while sitting in the drivers seat?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
its definitely the fuse i checked it and it was blown but when i got a new one it blew right when i turned them on how can i fix this?

·
Shouldaboughtahonda!
286 Posts
Buy and I stall a relay wiring kit. I have one works fine

Sent from my Rooted HTC ReZound 4gLTE

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i think i have that. the setup i installed hooked up to the original socket for the fog bulb into the ballast then out of the ballast to the hid bulb.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
? how can i stop the fuse from blowing?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the stock fuse for fogs is 20 what size should i go with?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok so the new fuse worked but now only one of them turns on
i unplugged all the wires and plugged them back in
any ideas on how to fix this?

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Check and see if the bulbs blown or try another bulb... Might sound dumb but I swapped my bumper and right after that, both of my bulbs blew randomly. Also the bulb that comes with the fog light kit are really cheap. They lasted about a week for me.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
the bulb that doesnt work looks the same as the one that does. tomorrow im going to try the one that doesnt work on the other side to see if it works

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.