Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read that the fog lights are prone to cracking and rock protectors tend to burn/melt. Is there nothing that can be done? Can a metal mesh of some sort be placed in front of the light housing? Not enough to block the light, but enough to keep things from hitting the lens.

I really like the look of the 4 beams (driving lights/fog lights).

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
There's no readily solution around the "prone to cracking" problem without using a clear bra application. I know the driving lights on the RSX are quite brittle and easy to damage but I'm not too sure if the TSX is alike in material. Some of the other driving lights found on other Hondas are quite sturdy in this aspect.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Get the clear bra stuff on. If you do, get the 40mil material.
They have an issue with browning...but only if you leave them on while not moving for like 15 minutes... my fog light covers browning --> http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3401

The metal mesh won't work cause any impace will push it against your lens and crack/shatter it. Best bet is the clear bra material since it's applied right on the fog light lens and if your fog light breaks because the material failed to protect it, it's covered under warranty.

·
Im Rick James B1tch!!!
345 Posts
Would that work for aftermarket lights also? I have some and they already are cracked.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
BlackTSX said:
Would that work for aftermarket lights also? I have some and they already are cracked.
you can purchase a sheet of the material and cut it to size...
I'm not sure how warranty works with sheets...you'll have to ask our vendor Auto Clear Guard (I think you can buy sheets from him too)

One thing to watch out for is the heat from your aftermarket foglights. If they get hotter than the TSX ones, they'll brown faster when not in motion.

·
Im Rick James B1tch!!!
345 Posts
cool thanks for the info tsx r us, ill have to take a look at that

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
BlackTSX said:
cool thanks for the info tsx r us, ill have to take a look at that
no prob.

One more thing to consider...depending on how much curvature you have on your fog lights, it may or may not be difficult to get the material to wrap around easily on the fog light lens. I've seen aftermarket ones where they're egg shaped (lens is about half an egg on it's side), so putting the clear bra material on that won't be that easy. You may or may not have to make some relief cuts on the material to get it to wrap around the lens perfectly.

Hope that helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts