Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know i read it some were but dint remember were. ive been looking to see if i can find the diy for making the fog lights turn on without the head lights on?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
5,994 Posts
I'm assuming you have the USDM foglight kit installed that turns your fog lights on through the stalk switch?

I'll be working on this hopefully within the next month or so, so remind me then.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
9,337 Posts
oh please find a way you electrical master!!!!! (pete)

Reactions: slammed06tsx

·
, Moderator Emeritus
9,337 Posts
Alright Thats It Someone Get Pete That Switch Asap

·
, Administrator Emeritus
5,994 Posts

·
Data scientist/programmer
1,114 Posts
Woohoo! Been waiting for this for a long time!

my questions:
for part b, how do you connect the blue/black wire from the fuse box to the blue/black wire from the stalk? I know you'll have to route it through the driver's firewall (which I'm not sure where it is), but would you need to take apart the stalk to do this? and if so, is there a helms manual for this?

:bowdown: thank you for figuring this out!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Tad different for 06 and up, but it is a good reference.

I am still trying to figure out to have the fogs on without headlights without getting a separate switch..... and to have it turn off when parking lights go off.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
5,994 Posts
fadinglionhart said:
Woohoo! Been waiting for this for a long time!

my questions:
for part b, how do you connect the blue/black wire from the fuse box to the blue/black wire from the stalk? I know you'll have to route it through the driver's firewall (which I'm not sure where it is), but would you need to take apart the stalk to do this? and if so, is there a helms manual for this?

:bowdown: thank you for figuring this out!
you don't connect the blue/black from fusebox, you connect the blue/black from the relay - read the instructions and schematics carefully. And you connect it to blue/white from the stalk, not blue/black (there is no blue/black in the stalk). You don't have to take the stalk apart, just disconnect it's plug and tap into the wire in the plug or harness there. You'll just need to remove top cover of the steering column. Of course, to run the wire, you'll need to also remove the bottom cover of the sterring column, as well as the panel under the dash. All those are pretty easy.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
5,994 Posts
Daffunda said:
Tad different for 06 and up, but it is a good reference.

I am still trying to figure out to have the fogs on without headlights without getting a separate switch..... and to have it turn off when parking lights go off.
how's it different? Please provide some details. I'm guessing the fog light relay may be in a different location since it's now stock and not option, and maybe some wires have different colors, right?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Nm, it is the same, your diagram looked different from the service manual diagram.....

This should be my next project to attempt.....Too bad it is 5F outside... :(

·
, Administrator Emeritus
5,994 Posts
that's good then :)

guys, just read the instructions twice before doing anything. It's very important that you understand everything in there before you start the install. If you have any questions, just post them here or PM me.

·
1,114 Posts
My bad. I read them at 3am in the morning so my eyesight wasn't so good. I'm looking through the fusebox you posted in the foglight install instructions and it's got the information I need.

Okay, nvm, I went ahead and tried it anyways, but apparantly I can't lift up the fuse box much because I bought an aftermarket alarm from the dealership. It seems to have short wires. It sits in a slot next to the fusebox but it's still connected to the fusebox.

It's too dark now, so I guess I'll have to do this another weekend.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
5,994 Posts
there's a minor update. I was working on my car today and noticed that the OEM relay doesn't look like a regular SPST or SPDT relay. This means it's not as easy to locate the right wire in the relay as I explained in my instructions. My wires are from a JDM circuit, so I can't explain anything based on that. Therefore I need one of you guys to show (an actual pic would be ideal) the connector of your OEM relay, and the wires going there. I can then indicate which is the right wire you need to cut for step A.

·
1,114 Posts
Peregrine said:
You don't have to take the stalk apart, just disconnect it's plug and tap into the wire in the plug or harness there.
can you explain what you mean by tapping into the wire in the plug/harness?

I'll try and take pictures of the oem relay connector tomorrow. I'm just going to do the part b.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
5,994 Posts
it means - do not cut the wire, but just connect another wire into it. You can disconnect the plug so it's easier to get to the blue/white wire in there, but after you connect an extra wire (which you will later run underneath the dashboard and through the firewall), you plug that connector back. The blue/white wire should stay connected as it is (or you'll lose the fog indicator light on the dashboard). You just need to tap (connect) into it.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
5,994 Posts
I updated the instructions according to what I'm pretty sure the back of your relay connector looks. But yeah, a pic would definitely help everyone.

·
Banned
118 Posts
thanks for the tips i just did the mod works great

·
, Moderator Emeritus
9,337 Posts
I hate to ask this question but if you do the mod for the parking lights, would you still just turn the fog light part of the stalk to the ON position or will this require a totally different plug

1 - 20 of 175 Posts