Acura TSX Forum banner

161 - 175 of 175 Posts

·
Royal Flush Crew
791 Posts
Yeah.. read all 11 pages. and ima pass on this DIY. my ill-experience in wiring is gonna ruin all my lights.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just did this today. Took me about 2hrs. Wiring is relatively straight forward thanks to peregrine's info. Hardest and most time consuming part for me was figuring out how to run a wire thru the fire wall.

Ended up running a wire with a coat hanger down the big rubber gromet to the passenger footwell. Then from the passenger side, to the driver side behind center console.

·
Registered
18 Posts
When I got my TSX back in '04 new, I ordered the fog lights from Honda because they did not come with the car. When the lights came, the kit came with the lights, wiring harness and switch. The switch I got was part of the stalk for the headlights. I assumed that they were all this way.

A few years ago, I broke on of the foglights (I think it got hit by a rock). So I went to eBay and just ordered another set - I figured that I just needed the light since everything else was already there. When I got the light kit, it had a switch that installed on the dash in one of the black spots next to the VSA switch instead of a stalk switch.

This got me thinking about adding the other switch. So I kept the stalk switch and wired in the second switch so I could use my foglights as Daytime Running Lights (DRL). If I push the dash switch, they turn on without the headlights, but only when I turn on the ignition. I had to add a rely that would only switch on with the ignition turned on. This allowed the lights to be on all the time, but if I shut off the car, the lights would shut off. If I turned off the DRL mode, I could still control them normally with the headlights and stalk switch.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Old thread... Thanks for the wire colors and the locations. Some people were asking if you could make the fog lights come on/ go off with turning the car and off... The best reply I found is that you can only do either fog lights with parking lights or fogs at all times. I read that the safest bet is to do it with your parking lights so you don't drain your battery.

Sometime in the next few days I'll be trying to put an ignition source to the relay, instead of putting the parking light wire as the signal to the relay. It should give power to the lights when the car is on, still using the switch inside as a manual off override. This should give me what I was looking for, hopefully I find a safe ignition source like cigarette lighter or something under the hood. I'll post results later.

·
( o)( o)
964 Posts
Disappointing there is no easier way to do this

·
Registered
341 Posts
I should start exploring the connectors.. Hmm.. Was thinking of doing this but I prefer as little modification needed.

·
( o)( o)
964 Posts
I like plug-n-play... haha

·
( o)( o)
964 Posts
I prefer that too, I never liked the idea or cutting wires.

But so far, peregrine's wiring is the most straightforward, but I would like to see if I can avoid cutting wires and use some connectors instead.
keep me posted!

·
( o)( o)
964 Posts
Updates???

·
Registered
150 Posts
has anyone had issues making this work on a 06-08 and using an ignition source like the 12v accessory socket? No matter what I do, the ignition source doesn't make it turn on/off. It's like it almost backfeeds somehow and that ignition is used as a ground to turn the relay on or something. Hopefully someone technical can get in on this

·
Registered
2 Posts
Emajor 243 your method worked great just that when I turn off my parking lights i want my foglight too turn off also and help on what i can do there thanx?

·
Registered
9 Posts
DIY install of daytime running lights

I'm assuming "IGN2" means hot-in-ON (not including ACC).

Inside the cabin, you have:

Pin4 of the ignition switch (blk/red). Its probably easier to reach it on the underdash fusebox = pin4 of a certain light-green plug (blk/red wire again). The light-green plug you want is the last one (toward the front of the car) in the second row of plugs on the fusebox (I can show a diagram later if you want, but I don't feel like hosting it right now, its late). The 2nd row has 3 light-green plugs. You want the one farthest from you. Again, it'll be pin#4 (blk/red)

You could also just tap underdash fuse#30 with an add-a-circuit bc its the same exact circuit. As long as you're not drawing a whole ton of current (I'm assuming a relay coil), then you should be fine.

In the engine bay, you have the black/yellow wire I explained on one of my recent mods. It plugs into the underside of the underhood fusbox. Its hard to reach, and you might have to dismount the fusebox to get to it. I'm just saying its there. This thread shows how I found it:
http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-electronics/45508-high-beam-drls-using-stock-fog-light-switch-write-up.html#post667090

Hopefully this helps, and good luck w your modding

I have a DRL kit that uses 3 wires for hook up red black and white. the red and black are for power + and ground...the white one is to tap into the parking lights, just could use some direction with the best way to do it. would a add a fuse kit work in this case?

·
Registered Member
127 Posts
:grinno: Got the switch, tested it, and made the instructions. These will allow you 2 options you can choose from to convert your OEM fog light circuit to get the fog lights working with parklights, OR without anything at all (will work even if you remove the key from the ignition).

Modification Instruction - Fog Lights ON without headlights - for 04-05 models.

For 06-08 models, use the above instructions with the update explained in this post: http://tsxclub.com/forums/268189-post53.html
Hello,
the link to pdf file is no more available, might some one have a copy ?

161 - 175 of 175 Posts