Acura TSX Forum banner

Fog Lights ON with parklights or without...

86K views 175 replies 50 participants last post by  Hec74 
#1 ·
I know i read it some were but dint remember were. ive been looking to see if i can find the diy for making the fog lights turn on without the head lights on?

#3 ·
oh please find a way you electrical master!!!!! (pete)

Reactions: slammed06tsx
#5 ·
Alright Thats It Someone Get Pete That Switch Asap

#6 · (Edited)
#150 ·
:grinno: Got the switch, tested it, and made the instructions. These will allow you 2 options you can choose from to convert your OEM fog light circuit to get the fog lights working with parklights, OR without anything at all (will work even if you remove the key from the ignition).

Modification Instruction - Fog Lights ON without headlights - for 04-05 models.

For 06-08 models, use the above instructions with the update explained in this post: TSXClub.com Forums - View Single Post - Fog Lights ON with parklights or without...
:)

going to try this tomorrow. bought a set of oem fogs off and they do not work. The fuse/relay box is not putting out a ground to the relay. But the indicator light on the cluster shows the fogs are on. Hopefully this fixes that,

#7 ·
Woohoo! Been waiting for this for a long time!

my questions:
for part b, how do you connect the blue/black wire from the fuse box to the blue/black wire from the stalk? I know you'll have to route it through the driver's firewall (which I'm not sure where it is), but would you need to take apart the stalk to do this? and if so, is there a helms manual for this?

:bowdown: thank you for figuring this out!

#10 ·
fadinglionhart said:
Woohoo! Been waiting for this for a long time!

my questions:
for part b, how do you connect the blue/black wire from the fuse box to the blue/black wire from the stalk? I know you'll have to route it through the driver's firewall (which I'm not sure where it is), but would you need to take apart the stalk to do this? and if so, is there a helms manual for this?

:bowdown: thank you for figuring this out!
you don't connect the blue/black from fusebox, you connect the blue/black from the relay - read the instructions and schematics carefully. And you connect it to blue/white from the stalk, not blue/black (there is no blue/black in the stalk). You don't have to take the stalk apart, just disconnect it's plug and tap into the wire in the plug or harness there. You'll just need to remove top cover of the steering column. Of course, to run the wire, you'll need to also remove the bottom cover of the sterring column, as well as the panel under the dash. All those are pretty easy.

#11 ·
Daffunda said:
Tad different for 06 and up, but it is a good reference.

I am still trying to figure out to have the fogs on without headlights without getting a separate switch..... and to have it turn off when parking lights go off.
how's it different? Please provide some details. I'm guessing the fog light relay may be in a different location since it's now stock and not option, and maybe some wires have different colors, right?

#14 · (Edited)
My bad. I read them at 3am in the morning so my eyesight wasn't so good. I'm looking through the fusebox you posted in the foglight install instructions and it's got the information I need.

Okay, nvm, I went ahead and tried it anyways, but apparantly I can't lift up the fuse box much because I bought an aftermarket alarm from the dealership. It seems to have short wires. It sits in a slot next to the fusebox but it's still connected to the fusebox.

It's too dark now, so I guess I'll have to do this another weekend.

#15 ·
there's a minor update. I was working on my car today and noticed that the OEM relay doesn't look like a regular SPST or SPDT relay. This means it's not as easy to locate the right wire in the relay as I explained in my instructions. My wires are from a JDM circuit, so I can't explain anything based on that. Therefore I need one of you guys to show (an actual pic would be ideal) the connector of your OEM relay, and the wires going there. I can then indicate which is the right wire you need to cut for step A.

#16 ·
Peregrine said:
You don't have to take the stalk apart, just disconnect it's plug and tap into the wire in the plug or harness there.
can you explain what you mean by tapping into the wire in the plug/harness?

I'll try and take pictures of the oem relay connector tomorrow. I'm just going to do the part b.

#17 ·
it means - do not cut the wire, but just connect another wire into it. You can disconnect the plug so it's easier to get to the blue/white wire in there, but after you connect an extra wire (which you will later run underneath the dashboard and through the firewall), you plug that connector back. The blue/white wire should stay connected as it is (or you'll lose the fog indicator light on the dashboard). You just need to tap (connect) into it.

#20 ·
I hate to ask this question but if you do the mod for the parking lights, would you still just turn the fog light part of the stalk to the ON position or will this require a totally different plug

#22 ·
BlueTSX05 said:
I hate to ask this question but if you do the mod for the parking lights, would you still just turn the fog light part of the stalk to the ON position or will this require a totally different plug
The purpose of the mod is so that your fogs would work without having to turn the headlights on. And so you still turn them on the same way - using your stalk switch.

#23 ·
ok sweet, I think I'll have my dad take a look he is pretty good with wiring

#24 ·
Yea I will put up the pics soon.. I am using my sidekick right now...But I have question all works fine when parking lights are on fogs go on and off but if I have the fogs on first then turn on the headlights the fogs don't turn off I would have to turn the headlights off first then turn the fogs off and turn on the headlights back on to drive without the fogs

#25 ·
^^ based on the re-wiring I provided, that should not possible. Turning headlights on/off should have nothing to do with the fog light relay anymore. The relay is activated by a coil to which there is a "+" and "-" applied. The "+" should come from your parklights, and that works fine, according to what you described above.
The "-" now comes directly from the blue/white wire of the stalk switch and that should get ground ONLY when the stalk has the fog turned to ON position, regardless where the headlight switch is at. I've rewired mine, and it works exactly the same as in my instructions. The only difference is I have JDM wiring, so even though I have the same relay as you, my wires going to the relay have slightly different colors. That's why I need a pic from the back of your relay.
To resolve this, we need to disect it first. You have to tell me EXACTLY step-by-step, using correct punctuation, what you did.

#26 ·
Okay I tapped into the blu/white in the stalk and tapped it into the blk/blue on the relay that's what I did first

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.