Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have oem fog lights and recently my fogs lights stays on all the time even when the car is off, i have to disconect the battery so my battery doesnt drain, or remove the fuse.

did anyone have the same issue or knows a way to fix this ?

·
Registered
341 Posts
i have oem fog lights and recently my fogs lights stays on all the time even when the car is off, i have to disconect the battery so my battery doesnt drain, or remove the fuse.

did anyone have the same issue or knows a way to fix this ?
Do you have a 06-08 with stock foglamps?

I don't have this issue, but I'm wondering if your fog relays are "stuck". How good are you with electrical and multimeters? I would troubleshoot the relay either with multimeter or swapping it out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2005 tsx , how do i test it with a multimeter

Do you have a 06-08 with stock foglamps?

I don't have this issue, but I'm wondering if your fog relays are "stuck". How good are you with electrical and multimeters? I would troubleshoot the relay either with multimeter or swapping it out.

·
Registered
102 Posts
2005 tsx , how do i test it with a multimeter
You can try this:

https://axleaddict.com/auto-repair/how-to-test-relays

I don't have the pin diagram for that relay, but generally speaking a relay works in this manner: It will have a couple of pins that sense when a switch has been engaged (such as turning on a switch on the dash), and that energizes (flips the internal switch), to allow a higher current flow through the other two pins of the relay to your fog switch.

It sounds complicated, but it really isn't.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
Kriscl9
Acura TSX Forum
TSX Club is the perfect forum for Acura TSX fans and Owners, where you can discuss concerns about reliability or how to upgrade your TSX with mods and accessories.
Full Forum Listing