Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This question is for those that had the fog lights installed by the Acura dealer (as a dealer installed option). Are they always on when you turn on your headlights or do they have a separate switch where you can choose to turn then on or off when the headlights are on?

Thanks.
 

·
, Administrator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,660 Posts
I have not had them installed, but if I am not mistaken, you'll have a switch to turn them on and off. I'll check on that for you..
 

·
, Administrator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,660 Posts
Just checked.. You'll be able to turn them on and off by a switch installed in the cabin. :)
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
1,003 Posts
TSX Fog Lamps have a separate switch that is not mounted on dash as was typical of Honda products in the US.

The switch is located on the turn signal stalk and requires the steering wheel to be pulled and the OEM stalk to be replaced with a new one that comes with the kit.

Not as difficult as it sounds, but it is time consuming.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hip: When you say "pulled" you mean they have to pull OFF the steering wheel from the car?

Thanks for the responses guys.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
8,663 Posts
I had my fogs installed by the dealer... You can turn them on or off at your leasure...but you can only turn them on when your headlights are on. You can't turn them on when your parking lights are on. Speaking of fog lights, is there anyway of wiring it so the fogs can come on when the parking lights are on?
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
1,003 Posts
Carlos8542222 said:
Hip: When you say "pulled" you mean they have to pull OFF the steering wheel from the car?

Thanks for the responses guys.
You got it, not very hard.

Here is the instructions from my old Ody, very similar procedure.
 

Attachments

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
1,344 Posts
they also turn off when the high beams are turned on
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
1,003 Posts
Joker said:
From Acura's web site "MSRP: $359.00"

What did you guys pay total installed?
I have a source we could get this from for considerably less :cool:
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
8,663 Posts
Here's a pic of my fogs...
 

Attachments

·
The Voice of Reason
Joined
·
1,481 Posts
hip said:
TSX Fog Lamps have a separate switch that is not mounted on dash as was typical of Honda products in the US.

The switch is located on the turn signal stalk and requires the steering wheel to be pulled and the OEM stalk to be replaced with a new one that comes with the kit.

Not as difficult as it sounds, but it is time consuming.
The steering wheel is not usually pulled, but the steering column cover is removed. The installation instructions are available online from the Acura parts discounters like this one: http://www.hondacuraworld.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

The fog lights are $279.50 from the above merchant, and I installed them myself, so that would be $279.50 total.:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
TSX 'R' US said:
I had my fogs installed by the dealer... You can turn them on or off at your leasure...but you can only turn them on when your headlights are on. You can't turn them on when your parking lights are on. Speaking of fog lights, is there anyway of wiring it so the fogs can come on when the parking lights are on?
I had the same issue with my wife's Odyssey. I purchased the Honda OEM fogs and installed them myself, but I was unhappy with the fact that they only operated with the low beams. If you just had the parking lights on, or the high beams, then the fogs would turn off. Someone at www.odyclub.com got the helms wiring diagram and figured out how to rewire the fogs to work with parking lights, low beams and high beams. It was only a matter of dicsonnecting one relay, and running a jumper between two wires. I am not that mechinically inclined, and I was able to do the install and the mod in about 4 hours.

When I (hopefully!) get a TSX, I hope to find someone that can provide the same modification information.
 

·
, Administrator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,660 Posts
bob shiftright said:
The fog lights are $279.50 from the above merchant, and I installed them myself, so that would be $279.50 total.:)
Awesome!!! Thanks for the heads up :thumbsup:
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top