Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
Of course you can move it. You just have to figure out the wires to extend it to and mount it securely so that the disc doesn't move around too much. All in all, custom work will be required.

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
I thought about doing this as well, but the real question is.. why move it? there are not advantages to relocating it. The drive must be level or else it will eat up discs left and right.
Keep it in the stock location, plus its easier to wire up a backup camera that way :)

·
5,036 Posts
^ Remounting it in the correct position might be the most difficult part. You'll ruin the disc if it's not properly mounted.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The reason is when i do go on trips and load up the trunk, somethings always get caught on the bracket, if it wasnt there things would fit perfectly.

Just seeing if anyone on this forum has done it.

·
5,036 Posts
The reason is when i do go on trips, somethings always get caught on the bracket, if it wasnt there things would fit perfectly.

Just seeing if anyone on this forum has done it.
Things still fit perfectly when I took a trip

·
5,036 Posts
I honestly think you'll go through much more of a headache relocating the Nav drive than trying to stuff things in the trunk.

·
PhisaggiN
1,536 Posts
I have been wanting to relocate the drive also. There have been plenty of times to drive gets in the way of loading up the trunk. Whether luggage or Home Depot trips.

I like how the TL has the drive vertical in the corner of the trunk. It takes up almost as much room but in a different location.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I would love to do the same. My subs ate my disk drive about a year ago and I haven't got it fixed because it's just going to happen again. The problem that I ran into was extending the navigation antenna. Idk what it is made of but it's not typical wire and plug type setup. Anyone know? If I could get this figured out I would put it in the glove box away from vibrations.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Dont cut the antenna its made of wierd wire i forgot what its called. But unplug it and if u remover the decklid where the 6x9's go u can easily unscrew it and then move it. I dont think u would be able to extend the wire though, atleast i couldnt find a way. So i just used 3m double sided tape and put it on the side of my armrest(passenger side ofcourse)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts