Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
CG TSX
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am not posting this to say anyone should have gotten nav, but for those of us who don't have it there are alternatives that are out there.

I purchased a Palm T3 (which is bluetooth) and a Navman wireless bluetooth GPS receiver. The units are both battery operated and can be used w/ a 12v adapter.

I also looked into the Garmin iQue3600 but went with the Palm due to the processor and overall look.

I installed 2 extra power adapters and have modified my upper storage compartment.

The unit is has voice commands so I can listen to where I need to go. I have the Navman software and Mapopolis software. Both are very accurate and extremely easy to use.

Attachments

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Nice pics...pretty spiffy..I like the extra power adapter on the driver side :thumbsup:

I'll definately keep that in mind when I do look around to getting a NAV Palm device... Though I wonder if Treo will ever make an all in one package (cell, nav/gps, pda)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
MarkPinTx said:
Treo probably is no mas. Palm bought Handspring.
D'OH... that's news to me.. Kinda sad considering I'm using a Handspring PDA..

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
very nicely done....I like it.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
Very creative work Coujac!

Just curious why you installed the extra +12v socket through the dash (left of steering column) instead of through one of the blank plugs next to VSA switch?

·
CG TSX
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks ... I don't remember why I didn't put the 12v adapter next to the vsa. I know that there is metal reinforcement behind that area and I was trying to avoid that. Where I should have put it was in the panel below the switches. It seemed to be more room there.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
coujac said:
Thanks ... I don't remember why I didn't put the 12v adapter next to the vsa. I know that there is metal reinforcement behind that area and I was trying to avoid that. Where I should have put it was in the panel below the switches. It seemed to be more room there.
Just an FYI,

The plugs have nothing behind them, but the area below where most want to install the Euro Accord coin tray, does have a metal plate.

Makes me wonder how people can install the coin tray there?

·
JuveFan
4 Posts
extra power sources for GPS Units

Great photos and usage of the comparments. Can you share how you put in the A/C power supply on the drivers side dash?

·
我々は火事を&#
0 Posts
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nn0lJFHXMB4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nn0lJFHXMB4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
honestly, i thinhk its creative, but sits too low

1 - 19 of 19 Posts