Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered some Ground Control coilover sleeves and just decided they weren't for me, gonna go with a full coilover system. Any insight on Tein Basis compared to Form & Function Type1's? I don't want to eliminate all comfort with something outlandishly stiff, but I don't want the kind of bouncing I'm getting on my OEM setup in the rear.

PS anyone want to buy some Ground Controls? Never installed, box only opened to check them out lol

·
victormone
166 Posts
I have the Tein Basics... all I can say about them is that it rides pretty firm and last pretty long.. I have about 80k miles on them and it's lowered all the way down in the rear and enough in the front to even out the rear.. have no problem or issues with them.

I believe the Form and Function goes lower.. if that's what you want. I wish my Tein Basics would go lower in the rear.

·
Registered
103 Posts
ive got the ff type 1 v2. had them on for only a month or so. ride quality is just slightly firmer than stock, with drastically reduced body roll. im tucking just a bit of tire all around, and theres still a ton of room left to go lower. u cud probly set the car on the ground if you wanted. for the price, they seem well worth it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'd go with the Teins. I have the ff for about a few months and the springs are starting to lose its strength...It sagging like a mutherfcker. Time to shop for a new set of coilovers. Cheap = crap quality.

·
Cops cn kiss my tailights
20 Posts
I went with Tein. Its a responsive system, reduces body roll and mimmicks the stock ride (no bounce). I drive in the Brooklyn and Queens area so I needed something which could withstand the roads. I do not regret this purchase. Go with Tein.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts