Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
owned ur ass
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where they sell free flow cats for the tsx??? i looked and searched and couldnt find anything. And id very much appreciate any opinions you guys have to adding one for my next mod. Thanks

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Your local muffler shop should have something like that. In general, catalytic coverters are catalytic converters, there aren't exactly a difference between " free-flow or high-flow". It's fairly unpleasant to say it's a marketing gimmick people try to slap on to con unwary buyers.

Catalytic converters are designed to reduced exhaust emissions and their designs are simple and identical across the board, the only difference is the size to fit different piping dimensions. If you want to reduce or completely remove emissions, fit a test pipe which will replace the catalytic converter with a straight-thru pipe. However this may be illegal in many states and countries.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
CL9 K24a said:
Your local muffler shop should have something like that. In general, catalytic coverters are catalytic converters, there aren't exactly a difference between " free-flow or high-flow". It's fairly unpleasant to say it's a marketing gimmick people try to slap on to con unwary buyers.

Catalytic converters are designed to reduced exhaust emissions and their designs are simple and identical across the board, the only difference is the size to fit different piping dimensions. If you want to reduce or completely remove emissions, fit a test pipe which will replace the catalytic converter with a straight-thru pipe. However this may be illegal in many states and countries.
A Test pipe will add alot of noise, you may lose some low end torqe too.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Yes, there are definite PROs and CONs. Not only that, I'm sure everyone knows fuel consumption would increase as well throwing the mileage meter into chaos. But in the name of increasing mid-top end power, particularly useful for race cars. I wouldn't use it on a strictly road car.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
Test pipe in California will get your car impounded. :(
Car-Sound free flow cat = HP gain's, and smog legal :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts