Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all,

I'm making the switch from a 2008 Forester XT 5spd to a 2011 Acura TSW Wagon. The difference in build quality/materials used are night and day. I love having a car that does not squeak and rattle when going down the road. Believe me, the Subaru was fun and fast (300 whp 330 trq), but replacing transmissions and motors was getting old. I fell in love with the TSX the first time I drove it. I just wish a manual tranny was available. Anyways, here are some pics of the old and new. Enjoy!

Old

New

·
未来へと
2,253 Posts
welcome! nice cars :)

·
500K Poster! - Premium Club Member
701 Posts
Jealous... I love the tsx wagon! I agree they need a 6spd mt option though!

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Welcome, in this economy I think you'll apreciate the build quality and fuel economy of the TSX.

·
long-term build
2,761 Posts
I'm bummed, my beloved TSX just developed it's first rattle, seems the passanger door
or something has a bit of metal rattling. sure the dealer will handle it though.

your wagon is pretty hot looking. you'll find the vast majority of us here have sedans,
but you'll also find that the vast majority of us also love wagons :)

the TSX is generally a very solid car, and most of us are basically problem free for years.
I'm sure you'll love it. keep us updated with pictures, we don't see wagons often.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm bummed, my beloved TSX just developed it's first rattle, seems the passanger door
or something has a bit of metal rattling. sure the dealer will handle it though.
Hey Guys,

I just registered here to see if I can get an answer to this exact same sound I have in my car. I have a 2012 TSX Wagon and it is driving me nuts when I go over bumps on the highway and I get this metallic "twang" spring like sound. The car is only 2 weeks old and it wouldn't do it for the dealer today when I took it in.

I had my wife listen and she said it sounds like it is from under the dash. I though it was higher up like where the seatbelt height adjuster is on the B pillar.

I would really appreciate any feedback. I love Hondas and Acuras and this is our 3rd. But they are all rattle traps!!!

David in Boston

·
Co-Driver
670 Posts
i was actually looking at foresters before i got my tsx but after i drove one it wasn't a very hard decision.

·
Registered
4 Posts
FYI - my key seems to make some noise like that and when I hold the key - the noise goes away. Very strange defect. I may try using some rubber bands to see if I can stop it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts