Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all,

It seems like everyones setup involves more camber in the rear then the front.

I understand the factory specs are such, and the camber curve of the rear suspension is steeper then the front... however, even those who have camber kits seem to prefer this setup.

My question is... why? Because the wheels don't fit otherwise? Some other unknown reason? Given the severe front weight bias of our cars, I would think you'd want a good half degree more up front then the rear.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Their are several reasons why people run more camber in the rear. One, their wheels need to fit. Two, naturally the car is setup this way. Yes, for performance you do want to have more front camber than rear. But since 99% of people use their car for just daily driving, having more camber in the rear does not matter.

·
J-Spec
420 Posts
People might just be afraid to change it a lot from stock... which is zero deg in the front and -1 deg in the rear. More negative camber in the front will make the car handle better without a doubt. It will cause a bit more tire wear on the inside edge though. I think -2 in the front should be good without getting too much uneven tire wear. This is what I will be running. :tu:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.