Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

Can someone help me troubleshoot my problem? My front brakes are "skipping". What i mean is when I step on the brakes after x speed, they skip very fast, causing my brakes to fail (dramatically lower my ability to stop). It happens more often during downhills and after road bumps.

Anyone know what's wrong?

Setup: EBC green pads/EBC slotted rotors

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could feel the "skipping" when i press the brake (usually at speeds around 5-10 mph till stop). It is very unsafe. This is surely not a case regarding a feature of the car! Brake pads/rotors making sounds like dump dump dump dump dump when the brake is pressed.

·
MH-53e Driver
159 Posts
If you notice it specifically on loose surfaces, in the rain, or under heavy braking... it's definitely the ABS. I personally think the ABS is too intrusive on these cars.

·
Registered
880 Posts
My layman opinion says it's warped rotor(s). If it grabs, lets go, grabs again, etc etc, it sounds like the rotors aren't providing a continuous, flat surface.

Or perhaps there was an installation problem, as your setup is all aftermarket. GL, and get it fixed soon.

BTW, 1qwkCL9 are you actually a helo pilot? I was on the Nassau for about 5 yrs, quite a few years ago. Is she still there, or getting turned into razor blades now?

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Chicago
1,706 Posts
shudder from warped rotors is alot different, and not really noticeable and such low speeds, unless your rotors are realllly messed! and it wouldn't be skipping feeling- personal experience

OP have you ever driven a car with abs before?
maybe you can have a friend drive your car who has driven and experienced abs ... no matter what speed you go, abs is going to increase your stopping distance - so you want skid...
and i'm not sure "dump" is a word to describe sound lol ... any other adjectives that you could use, so we can better ascertain the problem?

hope you figure it out! and btw, besides this problem how is the EBC setup? i was thinking of doing the same rotors with red stuff

·
未来へと
2,253 Posts
I have the same issue but minimal, only when braking 10-5mph it skips but thats because its time for me to replace the brakes. (ie. rotors and pads)

·
, Moderator, Performance
2,513 Posts
honestly abs doesnt kick in at 10 mph unless your on snow and ice lol, if you recently changed your brakes it could be that there is air in the line(s). or a pad isnt sitting right. but get it checked out

1 - 9 of 9 Posts