Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I apologize for what is likely a stupid question...so bear with me

My front bumper/valence is cracked, at the top of the 'pillar' that houses the fog light on the passenger side...not noticeably so (didn't notice til after I bought the car). It looks like tabs were all that held it in place? I'm thinking I can rig up a ghetto fix for winter...maybe drill two holes on the backside of the bumper and use a zip tie to tighten up the fit and provide some support til I have time for a real fix?

My question is, what's on the backside of the bumper? Are there tabs or other material that could be used for my ghetto fix? It's kind of a secluded location so I think I can do it cleanly if I pick the right spot (and a small, red zip tie). Again sorry for the dumb question, my wife is due with our first baby any day now and I don't have a ton of time to be removing bumpers and tinkering unless I can get it fixed while doing so.

Bumper:

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Toronto
782 Posts
Behind there isnt really anything much to hold together the bumper being discrete. Your best bet is doing a full ghetto fix and zip tying it together through the bumper.

This is the bumper without those front fog light covers placed over it;

You would have to pull out the bumper/fog covers and see what has seperated. maybe it just slipped out of place from the tabs behind it.

As long as it isnt wiggling and giving you a ton of play then you should be fine for winter.

This should be very simple, you wouldnt be sitting there with a pile of tools wondering what you should do once the bumper is off. I may be wrong, but this is definetly what I would do if it were me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts