Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Does anyone else have this issue and know how to sort it?

Its not bad but its annoying me, its the same gap underneath each headlight on both sides

Thanks

·
Royal Flush Crew
791 Posts
When you reinstalled the bumper did you make sure the tabs, on the bumper, aligned and fitted with the bracket under the headlights?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've not removed/refitted it, assumed its just sagged over time as I've had previous Honda's with the same issue

Hope its not been in an accident :(

·
Royal Flush Crew
791 Posts
I got a 06, never seen that issue with any of my previous bumpers. Pictures can help provide an insight on your issue.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
This can be an indication of an accident. Any front end damage could result in the displacement of this area specifically. Once this happens, they will remain in their displaced position bc the metal brackets are bent. (You said you never removed the bumper).
Two simple ways this would occur is:
-previous owner rear-ended someone.
-previous/current owner frequently parks with the front of the car over parking blocks or curbs.

Try out a simple VIN check for any damages on record. About $30.

This doesn't mean damages occurred for sure, but it's a good way to check. And these are the most frequent cases for that issue I would guess (how do you park?). :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Jeff
902 Posts
Most tsxes I've seen have the bumper headlight gap. I don't care what anyone says. The headlight beam thing that the bumper clips eventually weakens, causing that sag.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts